How to know if you are on a good path

RonBoyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
(Confession: I am trying my darndest to wean myself from this Forum... and certainly trying very hard not start any threads. Yet, for the second time in a week, I cannot help myself)

One of my favorite columnist/blogger is Penelope Trunk (search my Posts). There is a lot of "food for thought" in one of her recent Posts for those still struggling with deciding "what they want to be when they grow up."

How to know if you are on a good path

... but in fact, we are all editors of our own lives, and we owe it to ourselves to demand surprise at any path we take the time to explore, because that’s the only way to grow.

So do you want to know if you’re on a good career path? Are you scared? Are you a person who makes emotional space in your life to be routinely surprised? If not, you probably need coaching, ...

However, don't let that deter you from reading the article because I am not advocating that course of action necessarily (YMMV)... and neither is she.

This post would be a great ad for coaching. Honestly, I’m surprised to have gotten here because I’m not a person who is good at advertising myself. It’s embarrassing. I hate that I get embarrassed to ask you for anything. Well, I mean, I ask you to read to the end of the post. It’s so important to me. And I feel like I can’t ask you for anything else that would mean nearly as much.

“You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island of opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land; there is no other life but this.”
― Henry David Thoreau

“Life is a preparation for the future; and the best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none.”
― Albert Einstein

Back
Top Bottom