HS graduation?

How does one clebrate this event?

Is Clebrate anything like celebrate ?

That aside the usual way to celebrate is to drink large quantities of alcoholic beverages.

That and dinner and cake with the family.

I didn't drink a thing when celebrating my HS graduation. My school had a closed party - - if you went outside, no re-entry and better security than the TSA going in (directly after the ceremony). I stayed until 5AM, though. There was dancing, many great snacks, a long slideshow (or maybe it was a movie?) showing all of us throughout the year, and much reminiscing. It was wonderful, I thought.

Edited to add: of course, this was in 1966.... ;)

I didn't drink a thing when celebrating my HS graduation. My school had a closed party - - if you went outside, no re-entry and better security than the TSA going in (directly after the ceremony). I stayed until 5AM, though. There was dancing, many great snacks, a long slideshow (or maybe it was a movie?) showing all of us throughout the year, and much reminiscing. It was wonderful, I thought.

You have a great memory!:flowers:

As parents, we had an afternoon party for family and friends when each of our kids graduated from high school.

To celebrate the graduation of other people's kids, we give them $50.

To celebrate my own graduation, I think my family went out to dinner. Hard to remember that far back.

I think that covers all the angles of how we celebrated HS graduation.

You have a great memory!:flowers:

Thanks! I am sure you would remember a party that terrific, too. I even remember one of the guys I danced with, and how strange it felt knowing that we were all headed off in different directions after high school. The slides/video memories were wonderful, too.

The moms who were chaperones were tough and nobody got anything past them! :LOL:

Last edited:

You neglected to deny the sex that REW mentioned. But perhaps "this was in 1966" told all of that. And the ganga.

haha said:
You neglected to deny the sex that REW mentioned. But perhaps "this was in 1966" told all of that. And the ganga.

Well, the party DID have numerous parents as chaperones, so that wasn't going to happen. Even the slow dances were pretty tame, under the circumstances.

Last edited:
Our school closed the year I graduated, 1988, so all the upper school celebrated with the 40 in our graduating class. There was a ceremony outdoors, then baccalaureate at a local church, and then parties wherever the parents weren't going to be! :)

Thanks! I am sure you would remember a party that terrific, too. I even remember one of the guys I danced with, and how strange it felt knowing that we were all headed off in different directions after high school. The slides/video memories were wonderful, too.

The moms who were chaperones were tough and nobody got anything past them! :LOL:

He might not remember the dance at the school, but I'll bet 73ss454 remembers all that wild sex at Jones Beach:LOL:

I didn't really celebrate my graduation, but the folks may have taken me out for dinner the next night....I don't recall. However, after my HS graduation in '75, the school put on a dance for the grads. I'd had enough HS to last me a lifetime, so I opted not to go to it. It was a Friday night and I figured that I'd enjoy a weekend of laziness, and then go job hunting on Monday. So I caught a ride home, and when I walked in the door, the phone was ringing. It was the City commissioner that I had worked under the summer before. He asked if I wanted to come back and work for the summer, and if so then show up at 8:00 o'clock Monday morning. I showed up for work Monday morning, June 9,1975..........and retired from there April 7, 2007!!!! So that's when I celebrated!!! No more school.....No more work!!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom