HSA holders-Vanguards Newly suggested, Health Equity

Time2

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Vanguards suggested HSA holder, 'Further' is now changing to 'HealthEquity'.
I have had Further and just wondering what others are doing during this change? Going with the flow or picking a new company, and what company?

I have had Further and just wondering what others are doing during this change? Going with the flow or picking a new company, and what company?

I thought everyone was using Fidelity at this point unless they were stuck somewhere else due to employer.

+1 Fidelity. You can invest in whatever you want. Easy to fund and withdraw money. No cost.

Count me as another now with Fidelity.

Not only were the fees too high for me when I was with HealthEquity, but they have this rule (at least when I was there) that for reimbursements, a requirement is the show receipts for medical expenses :facepalm:.

Of course I keep my own receipts and records in case the IRS asks for proof. But I've never seen the "show me the receipts" thing with other HSAs.

Health Equity sounds like the old company I left.
My HSA was Health Equity, but I exhausted those funds several years ago, so I don't know much about them anymore. They were fine as an HSA admin during the years I used them.

OK, I'll look into Fidelity, I have never had a Fidelity account. Have been with Vanguard, Scotttrade, TD Ameritrade >$95 exit fee :-( < and IBKR and our HSAs at Further. Now only Vanguard and IBKR, and maybe the move to Fidelity.
Thanks all, I didn't know Fidelity held HSAs.

I'm with Heath Equity. They require $500 in cash holdings and charge small fees on the investment side. Honestly, I never considered switching but see that Fidelity has been mentioned, so I'll look.

I had HE thru my employer and they were difficult to deal with. Investment options were ok.

Just go Fido if you have other stuff there too, quite easy.

I switched from HSA Authority to Fidelity this year and couldn't be happier. I have likened dealing with HSA Authority to banking in the 70's. Everything was manual. Getting the money out was an ordeal, but several phone calls finally got it done.

Not quite everything with Fidelity HSA is great. I'm minorly annoyed by the lack of a monthly statement when there are no trades (interest income doesn't count). I'm sure my personal record keeping is way over the top, but I update my system every month to match the statement (mark to market). Can't do that if they don't generate a statement. I called, and they said it wasn't possible to turn on monthly statements. But I like not paying the several bucks a month that most HSA custodians charge.

what happens if I have HE with the vanguard investment funds, do I need to sell them or can I transfer them to FIDO?

Back
Top Bottom