I am 65 today should I feel different?

rayinpenn

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I am 65 today, I guess thats a bit of a milestone. Funny I feel the same as yesterday- I woke up early and the old dog came down shortly after my coffee was done and we shared our morning walk. It is already humid and hot out there. Still I prefer it over stepping out into an ice box. The morning coffee, the walk with the pooch and the thought of todays planned coconut shrimp are the simple joys of life.. I am a lucky man in Retirement Bliss.

Yesterday I finished debugging the software I wrote for a nice lady in California - A “bot” to help automate her small business. It took a couple of long distance debugging sessions but finally she sent back a note it was working “flawlessly”. She said she wanted to expand the automation.
Silly but I am still smiling - at 65 you are not expected to be innovative but don’t believe it.

A few weeks ago I had notion to build a customer management system. Well the software is in its final phase (I happen to think its really neat!) I’ll still need to create a instructional videos, debug a bit more and add some more bells and whistles. I cant let my zeal to release the product before its ready. Lots to do lots to look forward to.

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” Albert Einstein

Happy Birthday Ray. Those are nice thoughts and reflections. They capture the way I feel most days. And now you have Medicare to count on as your main healthcare provider. That must ease your healthcare expenses.

And now you have Medicare to count on as your main healthcare provider. That must ease your healthcare expenses.

If only it were so...
DW 62, Cool Hand 20. Health care premium $1900 a month. Me a couple hundred (Gap + prescription drugs +dental) all in wipes out my SS. No complaints They and I have coverage and thats what matters and it had been close to $3,000 for 5 months.

Happy birthday, rayinpenn! And it sounds like you have a great, money-making "hobby" there! As long as you're enjoying it and you don't need to do it, it doesn't feel like w*rk, right? :dance:

"The information's unavailable to the mortal man
We're working our jobs, collect our pay
Believe we're gliding down the highway
When in fact we're slip slidin' away
Slip slidin' away
Slip slidin' away
You know the nearer your destination
The more you're slip slidin' away"
courtesy Paul Simon. :LOL:

Have a great day, I just felt older, but no different really, otherwise as Lennon McCartney said "Just another Day".

If only it were so...
DW 62, Cool Hand 20. Health care premium $1900 a month. Me a couple hundred (Gap + prescription drugs +dental) all in wipes out my SS. No complaints They and I have coverage and thats what matters and it had been close to $3,000 for 5 months.

Congratulations to anyone that makes 65 and still has much to give to the world--whether writing computer programs or working in community theatre. The whole goal at that point in your life is maintaining yourself physically and mentally so the rest of your life can be great.

Happy Birthday! Glad you are enjoying each day in retirement.

Happy birthday, Ray.

Happy BD. You should feel elated making it to Medicare eligibility.

It's all downhill from here, er, in the positive sense of course.

Happy birthday!

Just look at the number as "Lifetime achievement".

Happy Birthday Ray!:dance:

Back
Top Bottom