I got booted out of FZDXX

My Vanguard settlement fund, VMFXX, has current 7 day yield of 5.03%, which is higher than FZDXX.
So why not use that?

It says there's a $3000 minimum but when used as a settlement fund in my taxable account, there's no minimum...

Closed to new investors.

My Vanguard settlement fund, VMFXX, has current 7 day yield of 5.03%, which is higher than FZDXX.
So why not use that?

It says there's a $3000 minimum but when used as a settlement fund in my taxable account, there's no minimum...
That is what I use at E-Trade.

I forgot about E*Trade! I actually got mad at them (around 2008 or so) and moved everything to Vanguard.

The last straw with E*Trade was getting my third amended 1099 on April 20th, and it was a significant change.

The transfer to Vanguard back then was cool. I had someone specifically assigned to the transfer who kept me up to date as the process went through over a week or so.

Those were the days.
I assume vanguard is the worst from brokerage standpoint. They never submit to the annual tests at Barron's and Kiplinger.

I assume vanguard is the worst from brokerage standpoint. They never submit to the annual tests at Barron's and Kiplinger.

Maybe that's why I (used to) like Vanguard. I don't do trading. They handle my in or out to MFs and handle the paper work. That's all I want.

Just to be clear, they didn’t boot my account, just moved me from a higher paying money market to a slightly lower paying money market.

When one of my funds dropped below a threshold, TR Price moved that fund from their "investor class" level to standard. Had the same performance but with a higher expense. They did it immediately but were upfront about it.

Well they accomplished what they likely wanted to. I took the small remaining balance and invested it. I still have FZDXX in three other accounts - all above the minimum and use it like a core settlement account.

Back
Top Bottom