I Have 60 Days to Buy a New Water Pitcher

My 60 days is up.

I got a new water filter pitcher.

Decided to go with a Waterdrop brand.

The one I got is HUGE. Attached is a picture next to my old Brita.

One I like most so far of the Waterdrop is it doesn't take forever for the water to filter, but instead happens rather quickly :).

Attachments

• waterdrop pitcher.jpg
    waterdrop pitcher.jpg
    444.4 KB · Views: 35
That new Waterdrop pitcher is huge. Needs strong wrists to hold up. Better yet, two hands.
Tell me about it. The glass pitcher is usually filled to the half-way mark. I can handle that.

But the Brita filled is definitely a 2-hander.

I've had some comical early-morning events with the Brita. Occasionally the spout cover gets stuck and the water finds it way out somehow, going down the pitcher and onto floor.

Tell me about it. The glass pitcher is usually filled to the half-way mark. I can handle that.

But the Brita filled is definitely a 2-hander.

I've had some comical early-morning events with the Brita. Occasionally the spout cover gets stuck and the water finds it way out somehow, going down the pitcher and onto floor.

One reason I'm replacing my Brita is because the filter occasionally comes loose when pouring. Not so much with the expensive real Brita filters, but especially with cheap knock offs. As a result the lid may come off or the unfiltered water rushes down to the bottom of pitcher.

One reason I'm replacing my Brita is because the filter occasionally comes loose when pouring. Not so much with the expensive real Brita filters, but especially with cheap knock offs. As a result the lid may come off or the unfiltered water rushes down to the bottom of pitcher.
Had same problem until I went back to OEM. TBH I wait for a coupon and buy the package of refills without knowing the cost.

I prefer a pitcher since it can go from table to take with little effort. In the summer it's nice to take it out on the deck.

Got curious with the glass straw pitcher, and found that it was just seven (7) full 8 oz cups. Still a b*tch to pick up more than half full.

My new water pitcher is a beast.

About the size of a gallon ice tea jug :LOL:.

Attachments

• the beast.JPG
    the beast.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 11
My new water pitcher is a beast.

About the size of a gallon ice tea jug :LOL:.
I see you like your water chilled.

I can drink more water that is at room temperature.

I would recommend getting an under-sink filtration system with a dedicated faucet for filtered water. Flowrate about double the fridge filter systems and no messing with a bulky clunky pitcher with built in water filter pitchers. I had an aqua-pure system that worked great, but since moved to a refrigerator system, but the poor flow annoys me. You can't set the pitcher down and let it fill either with the spigot open, you have to stand there and push the lever the whole time.

This is interesting. Why do you need a dedicated faucet for the the filtered water. Why can't you just use the regular faucet?

We currently have a refrigerator with the water in the door and it tastes fine. But, like you, the slow flow is annoying. Sometimes I tend to just fill up a glass from the tap but it is not filtered. The other problem with the tap is that the water is not as cold. Still I like the idea of having the better flow and not having to just stand there while it is filling.

But, again, why do you have to install a separate faucet which seems to add quite a bit of expense and may require redrilling your countertop, etc.

I see you like your water chilled.

I can drink more water that is at room temperature.

I drink both room temperature and chilled.

I try to drink at least a gallon of water in a 24 hr period. Any less and I feel dehydrated. To make keeping track easier, I fill up a gallon jug of water. The jug I leave out at room temperature. But the filtered water I prefer in the fridge chillin' :).

Back
Top Bottom