Need help finding a lightbulb

lucky penny

Full time employment: Posting here.
I need to replace a white globe light bulb for a bathroom fixture with 2 bulbs; the lights are about 4.5 inches wide & I’m having trouble finding a replacement.

The current ones are incandescent & Satco (I think). When I went shopping, the store no longer had an incandescent but there was a LED Satco that looked identical so I bought it. Unfortunately it doesn't work since the neck is slightly shorter than the incandescent one so it doesn't quite reach the place to screw in. Frustrating! At this point I'll take anything that works -- 60 or 40 watts, LED or incandescent.

Any suggestions??

The fixture has a large chrome globe between the 2 lights, so smaller lights wouldn’t look as nice. If I can’t find the old Satco incandescents or another brand that will fit I might have to replace the fixture.

Attachments

• IMG_1872.jpg
    IMG_1872.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 134
Perhaps a light socket extender or adapter might work?

Last edited:
That HD product is marked "G40" which is the designation for the bulb style and "E26" which is the common Edison base we see on most bulbs. There are also other "G" sizes. I suggest you measure the bulb you have and let the ever-reliable internet determine its "G" size. Then you can do some searches like "Gxx E26 LED" also "Gxx LED" and see what you find. You might also try finding the Satco brand company and ask them your question.

If both your dead one and the new one that won't fit are the same "G" size, then you might try going down one step in diameter,

(It is now illegal to sell incandescent bulbs in most of the common sizes. All you are going to find is LED. Be sure to understand the color options so you get the right one for your vanity.)

Be aware that G40 describes 2 very different size bulbs. Whoever agreed to that? I can see that Amazon still sells incandescent bulbs. You might get lucky there.

I find that trying to match existing LED bulbs in a multi-bulb fixture is practically impossible. There is always something different. I end up having to replace them all at once, when only one LED goes out.

Personally, for an oddball shape & size I would drop in to the local lighting store and hand it to a salesperson and say " Give me 2 replacements please ". I had the same problem with a T12 based bulb (I think that's what it was).

_B

Back
Top Bottom