I hit 55

Stormy Kromer

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Turned 55 this week. I got to thinking of some things I may qualify for now. I could move into a 55 and over community, I can take the Sr class and save some on my auto insurance. I think I can get some life memberships at a discount now.

Can anyone think of anything that a person qualifies for hitting age 55?

Possible 401k equal distributions.

Penalty-free 401k distributions if you end service after 55.... but unfortunately not for rmenr employer 401ks... so if you have former and current employer 401ks and are still working, you might consider transferring former 401k money to current employer 401k before resigning.

Expounding on Dtail a bit, ability to retire and start using 401k funds penalty-free under the "Rule of 55."

Edit: Posted moments after PB4.

Maybe not qualify for but start considering, hearing aids, orthopedic shoes, back brace, cataract surgery, little blue pills, etc, and the list will grow, exponentially, as you age.....:blush:

You get the senior McDonald's coffee at the big 5-5!

Turned 55 this week. I got to thinking of some things I may qualify for now. I could move into a 55 and over community, I can take the Sr class and save some on my auto insurance. I think I can get some life memberships at a discount now.

Can anyone think of anything that a person qualifies for hitting age 55?

many places startes providing the geezer discounf at 55. maybe i just look old-er cause more often than not i didn't have to ask for it. 'course, it coulda been the cap.

Y7ykACVl.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom