I need to get more sleep...

cute fuzzy bunny

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I made several of the alton brown fruitcakes over the last few weeks (which are yummy, by the way) and the last step of the process involves basting the cake with brandy (i'm using cognac) every few days.

Brown recommends using a spray bottle. Cool, I've got plenty of spray bottles.

I normally keep a spray bottle of homebrew general purpose cleaner on the sink and the fruitcake experiment is just a few feet away.

So there I am at 5 this morning cleaning a spot on the rug with a spray bottle of cognac.

Which as it turns out, makes an excellent rug cleaner.

Well, at least you didn't put cleaner on the fruitcake.

THAT was my second thought! ;)

I've gotta make another one. We've almost finished eating the second one and the muffins are totally gone. My dad, a dedicated fruit cake hater, cant stop eating the stuff every time he comes over.

Don't let gabe catch you sucking out of that spray bottle! he may try it - and either bottle is bad for him!>:D

Hmm, there have been a few days when he was buzzing around like a swarm of bees and I started thinking "Brandy or Benadryl?" ;)

Seems pretty straightforward to me. You get a spray bottle of lime juice and a spray bottle of salt water and you're good to go.

The best spot cleaner is hydrogen peroxide with a Q-tip.

So there I am at 5 this morning cleaning a spot on the rug with a spray bottle of cognac.
Which as it turns out, makes an excellent rug cleaner.
Which apparently hasn't deterred you from putting this most excellent solvent inside your digestive system?

Well, at least you didn't put cleaner on the fruitcake.
As far as he can tell. Maybe it's not possible to tell...

Hey, its about the healthiest thing that goes into my dang system.

Come on! How can spice cake stuffed with rum soaked dried fruit, regularly saturated in cognac, not taste yummy!?!?

Back
Top Bottom