I woke up Wednesday morning

Well- that is pretty much exactly what happened to me and I had 3 years to go for SS. (I am 62). After 7 months dealing with the idiot, I had enough and I gave a months notice and that was it. Gone by the end of Sept. I just couldn't do it anymore.

So- yes- I have less income- just my husband's, who is desperately wanting to retire and probably will next year. It is all very scary but if I were you and you only have less than a year anyway, I would go now. Why torture yourself?

Thanks - I plan to run the numbers and look at options over the next week. I am 90% confident that if I left now and took six months off, I could work in the same field fairly easily.

I had to come back and reread this post this morning. I have been planning to retire in January, 2020. Less then a year away. But the past few months have been the worst work experience of my career. About a year ago I finished up an 18 month detail where O reported directly to the COO. I loved the work. I would routinely put in extra hours because I really enjoyed what I was doing and I was working with a great team. I even received a sizable, unexpected bonus at the end of the project.

When I returned to my old position, I also returned to a new boss. He is young and not confident in hos work. He does not know how to manage people or delegate work. He treats all of his staff this way, but that does not make it right. I was hoping to avoid any major conflicts and make it ten more months. I am not sure I will make it 10 more days. I think sometimes you just know its time to go.

I just reread this thread. I have been lurking for weeks and this topic gave me the gumption to sign up here.

I am driving myself crazy trying to put up with the job experience for 2MY. I also hate the 1 hr commute (one way) to work. And the 40% travel.

Glad to know I am not alone.

Back
Top Bottom