Votes: 7 5.8%
  • 55 or older

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • You ask too many questions

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters

Lakewood90712

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
If you could get in a time machine , go back and pick an age for your body as an adult, till death, what would you chose based on you life until now ? sum of: physical, mental and earning POTENTIAL

Last edited:
Do you mean when were we at our peak? I'd say about 25 for me.

This is actually a pretty depressing question, since answering it forces me to catalog when my ever growing list of chronic injuries began. My peak strength/endurance and mental acuity were pretty clearly from my late 20s and early 30s - say 26-34.

After that injuries started to accumulate and effect my ability to pursue different activities. Reduction in cognitive abilities has been subtler, but I started noticing a loss of my once photographic memory by about age 40, to the point where now, at 60, I frequently have to pause and rack my brain for a word or name.

So, long winded way of saying I'll take an eternal 30 - pretty please.

Last edited:
Mod Note: Per request of Lakewood90712, the poll votes are now private. Anyone can still see the results of the poll, just not how each person voted. I hope . . .

This is actually a pretty depressing question, since answering it forces me to catalog when my ever growing list of chronic injuries began. My peak strength/endurance and mental acuity were pretty clearly from my late 20s and early 30s - say 26-34.

After that injuries stated to accumulate and effect my ability to pursue different activities. Reduction in cognitive abilities has been subtler, but I started noticing a loss of my once photographic memory by about age 40, to the point where now, at 60, I frequently have to pause and rack my brain for a word or name.

So, long winded way of saying I'll take an eternal 30 - pretty please.

For those who have lived it, looks like " Forever 30 " is much more attractive than " Foreve r 21 "

Last edited:
I would pick 50. I am wealthier, mentally tougher, physically stronger (didn’t really work out in my youth but now I do), happier, wiser, not taking care of little kids anymore and frankly much happier and contented with life.

This will probably get me in trouble, but I wonder if the numbers would change if we separated the answers by the sex of the respondents.

Very apropriate, and I think it would be different.

This will probably get me in trouble, but I wonder if the numbers would change if we separated the answers by the sex of the respondents.

Do you think men or women would prefer something other than 30 something ( which seems most popular). I remember saying when I was in my thirties it was so much better than twenties. All my female friends agreed ( I am female as you may guess from my name)

When I was 48/49, I ran my best times for everything from 5K to the marathon, and got down to my high school weight. I'm sure I had the potential to run faster in my younger years, but I didn't.

Financially I had learned to diversify and not try to beat the market. I was also still working so my technical skills were at least somewhat current so I still had earnings potential as well.

One of the things I have seen on the gender differences is women who dilligently avoid unintendend pregnency until they feel ready , financially, to have children in thier 30's and up. Then mother nature is cruel and says " no baby for you " :(

I would pick 50. I am wealthier, mentally tougher, physically stronger (didn’t really work out in my youth but now I do), happier, wiser, not taking care of little kids anymore and frankly much happier and contented with life.

+1 This is almost exactly what I would have typed.

Looking at old photos, I was so much better-looking at 40 than at 20 that it's not even funny. Too bad that trend did not continue....

In terms of my own life -- my physical condition, my personal happiness, my career success and earning potential, I'd say 40, +/- a few years.

After 40 my eyes started going and my rebuilt knee started getting crankier. Before 40 I was more stressed and finances were tighter. But at around 40 I was still in very good health -- felt closer to 20 than 50 -- and I was approaching my peak earning years.

That said, I don't really want to be 40 for all my life.

Last edited:
So here's how I read the question...please tell me if this is interpreting the question correctly.

As you sit today, you probably have, say, 20 years left in your life, for example. The poll question's premise is that there is some 'magic' that affects your body only, not your thinking skills, not your net worth. And this 'magic' somehow keeps the body from aging during the 20 years, but your body will shut-off in 20 years, not aging along the way?

If the premise was to pick an age to start at, and you'd age, that would push people to choose younger. Personally, I'd love to have my current memories and intellect in a two year old (yes, I know the OP question is 'adult'), but I'd probably not select that age if I would never grow up. But 2 through 22 might be fun.

If I could have the mental capabilities that I have now, with my body and looks at age 17-24 or so, I'd go for that. :LOL:

I think that the improved mental outlook, capabilities, and judgment that we develop in old age is Mother Nature's way of compensating us for the inevitable decline in physical capability and beauty.

So, I didn't answer the poll.

Attachments

• Jeepster.jpg
    Jeepster.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 308
  • me.jpg
    me.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 306
I would pick 44. In great shape with no chronic conditions and my kids had launched:))

If you could get in a time machine , go back and pick an age for your body as an adult, till death, what would you chose based on you life until now ? sum of: physical, mental and earning POTENTIAL
I'd probably go back in time to when I was ~39 but only if I were allowed to retain my current knowledge of the market up until now. :)

I'd probably pick around 34 (another female here - and I wonder if the first question about gender differences in choices might have assumed women would be more likely to pick younger?) If so nope. 30's please, we are a lot smarter once we get out of our 20's.

I couldn't vote, because I never had any potential.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom