I'm just a Newby

leatza

Confused about dryer sheets
Hi everyone! My Ex highly recommended this site (he's planning on retiring by the time he's 50). I'm a new professional on the second round. The job market was horrible when I completed my first professional degree. So investing was something foreign and was not offered to me because I worked at several different jobs at a part time basis. So I'm a few years behind in my investments, but I'm only 30. So right now, I'm just trying to educate myself as best I can to understand how to make a really stable future and not be taken advantage of by financial advisers who drool when they see a person walk into their office knowing nothing (which almost happened to me, but thanks to my ex, I avoided some bad decisions).

Hi and welcome to the forums. Start reading - there's a lot of great info here. Try starting with the best of the boards threads.

The key is to start saving now. Open up a money market account w/ Vanguard or Fidelity and park your savings there while you figure how you want to invest. Once you decide it will be easy to transfer $ to the investments of your choice.

Welcome!

50? 50!!??! What kind of a schlep is he? If he had any cojones he'd be shooting for 35-40! ;)

Welcome to the forum. Ask away. And the way to avoid being taken advantage of by financial advisors is quite simple, really - just don't go near them. :)

Oh, and don't forget that some people use pictures for their avatar. Such as a scenic picture from a trip they took...

Back
Top Bottom