income funds dividend yield

frank

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I have been looking at templeton income fund class c and class a shares, also wellsley and wellington investor class or if over 100k gets you into admiral shares, then that fund. is there anyone here that can tell me the monthly dividend yield for these funds. I was looking for an amount I would get monthly on 200k. thanks

frank

Isn't there a TTM yield, or a SEC yield you can multiply by?

I use ETFs for dividends and growth. HDV, DVY, IVV, IVW, QQQ.

I would suggest you visit the Morningstar site.

(I don't understand why anyone who invests or is even considering investing in mutual funds is not VERY familiar with Morningstar, the ultimate resource on funds.)

VWINX Vanguard Wellesley® Income Inv Fund VWINX Quote Price News

For each fund, look at the section titled: Dividend and Capital Gains Distributions

You can see distributions have been quarterly or monthly and the amounts per share.

Last edited:
One thing I looked for when I was trying to find a good bond fund to invest in back in 2008 when I was preparing to ER was the ratio of a fund's dividends per share to its NAV. I was able to get a longer history of these two key pieces of data and build a history of this ratio on a monthly basis. Then, I multiplied 12 consecutive monthly ratios to get a 12-month moving average of these "yields."

I would suggest you visit the Morningstar site.

(I don't understand why anyone who invests or is even considering investing in mutual funds is not VERY familiar with Morningstar, the ultimate resource on funds.)

VWINX Vanguard Wellesley® Income Inv Fund VWINX Quote Price News

For each fund, look at the section titled: Dividend and Capital Gains Distributions

You can see distributions have been quarterly or monthly and the amounts per share.
Agree. They also publish the trailing 12 months (TTM) dividend yield at the very top of the first quotes page which is probably close enough for your purposes. The SEC yield is often fairly off. I find that income funds usually yield quite a bit more than indicated by the SEC yield.

I have been looking at templeton income fund class c and class a shares, also wellsley and wellington investor class or if over 100k gets you into admiral shares, then that fund. is there anyone here that can tell me the monthly dividend yield for these funds. I was looking for an amount I would get monthly on 200k. thanks

frank

Why in the world do people ask us to do their research? Type "templeton income fund class c dividend yield" into google and hit return. The second link is https://www.franklintempleton.com/investor/products/mutual-funds/distributions?FundID=209

Why in the world do people ask us to do their research? Type "templeton income fund class c dividend yield" into google and hit return. The second link is https://www.franklintempleton.com/investor/products/mutual-funds/distributions?FundID=209

+1

There is a science/tech forum I've been visiting lately. The mods/mentors there try to follow the philosophy of "teach a man to fish". An OP like that will generally be met with:

"And what did you find after googling that question? Are there specific issues with those answers you need help with?"

-ERD50

Just bizarre to me. I have had friends who will spends hours "googling" info on vacuum cleaners before deciding on a $200-$400 purchase, but will pour half their life’s savings into funds on a hunch, recommendation, or advisor suggestion without 10 minutes of research on their own.

To put my earlier comment in maybe a more constructive tone, a question like:

"What's a good site to compare historical dividends and capital gains distributions of various funds, ETFS and stocks?"

would seem more acceptable to most. But just asking for others to find some commonly available specific data for you comes across as just asking others to do your work for you.

-ERD50

Back
Top Bottom