Inputting Pension that increases but is not a full COLA

volfan

Recycles dryer sheets
I have been using FIRECalc inputting our pensions with both the COLA choice as "yes" and also as "no". Obviously, this changes the results dramatically. The problem is that our state pensions are not COLAs, but instead we now get a 1% increase up to $500 per year (unless the SC state legislature changes that again--a couple of years ago they dropped it from a 2% adjustment to the current 1%.) Is there any way to set the COLA adjustment to my 1% instead of it being adjusted for the full inflation rate adjustment when COLA is checked "yes"? The 1% increase yearly is not much, but over time it does make a difference compared to not having any increase at all! Thanks for any help you can provide.

If it is a set 1% a year. In the additional income tab of FIRECalc, I add 11% of the value of the pension ~1.01% compound 10 years after your retirement and than another 11% after 20 years. Then take off the COLA adjustment This is slightly understates the value but FIRECalc only provide Axe level precision.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom