Interesting cost and outcomes comparisons

From these stats looks like Singapore and France are the best places to live as regards health care costs and outcomes, closely followed by the UK....US isn't too far behind in terms of life expectancy, but spends far more than the other places.

Attachments

• _46217836_healthcare_stats_466_2.gif
    _46217836_healthcare_stats_466_2.gif
    27.7 KB · Views: 5
From these stats looks like Singapore and France are the best places to live as regards health care costs and outcomes, closely followed by the UK....US isn't too far behind in terms of life expectancy, but spends far more than the other places.

$7300 a year per person buys a lot of inertia.

Perhaps a better analysis would be to look at quintiles comparisons and how healthy each quintile compares across nations. Averages don't really tell the story, large groups of drug and alcohol abusing people with poor diets can really sway these statistics.

also, for what it's worth, If we in the US would get realistic about end-of-life care then our costs could come down dramtically.

Perhaps a better analysis would be to look at quintiles comparisons and how healthy each quintile compares across nations. Averages don't really tell the story, large groups of drug and alcohol abusing people with poor diets can really sway these statistics.

also, for what it's worth, If we in the US would get realistic about end-of-life care then our costs could come down dramtically.

So I'm surprised France comes out so well with the amounts of cigarettes they smoke and alcohol they drink.;-)

I bet that dividing things up socio-economically, the higher salary groups would look quite similar regarding health in all countries, but the differences in costs across countries would still be there. Those with lower wages would probably have worse health, but I think the differences between the health of the rich and the poor would be less in countries with easier access to health care, like France. Singapore really stands out with the excellent outcomes for very little expenditure and it is also a mostly privately funded system. Maybe it's a system the US should look at given the way health care is organized in America

Back
Top Bottom