Internet Diagnosis

Final Result

Well after all the frustration and a number of tech visits, there was no change in the issue I was having. However, in the past few weeks, the issue is no longer happening. I'm positive that I didn't change anything in my system. Of course, there's the possibility that some firmware got updated without me knowing, but I was checking that along the way. In the end, I have no idea who or what made the ghost go away, but I've given it enough time to believe that it's gone.

What a frustrating event. I have no understanding why the cable company would not have been able to diagnose the problem. At one point, they did capture the issue at their office, but all they did was send out a tech that changed out wires and equipment that, at the time, did no good. What a process.

Really appreciate everyone's input and help. For sure I learned a few things about the internet (ping and tracert), and how data travels. Not sure I needed to learn that, but I guess it's the only redeeming thing from this event. Just glad it's over and hope it stays that way. Thanks.

Well after all the frustration and a number of tech visits, there was no change in the issue I was having. However, in the past few weeks, the issue is no longer happening. I'm positive that I didn't change anything in my system. Of course, there's the possibility that some firmware got updated without me knowing, but I was checking that along the way. In the end, I have no idea who or what made the ghost go away, but I've given it enough time to believe that it's gone.

What a frustrating event. I have no understanding why the cable company would not have been able to diagnose the problem. At one point, they did capture the issue at their office, but all they did was send out a tech that changed out wires and equipment that, at the time, did no good. What a process.

Really appreciate everyone's input and help. For sure I learned a few things about the internet (ping and tracert), and how data travels. Not sure I needed to learn that, but I guess it's the only redeeming thing from this event. Just glad it's over and hope it stays that way. Thanks.

When this happens call it FM.

It was a bad gateway or other hardware issue. That's a nice way of saying it was their $hit.

I had a very similar problem with my cable at one point. It drove me crazy trying to troubleshoot it. It turned out I had two devices sharing the same IP address and creating havoc on my network. I had to reboot every device that accesses the internet to get new IP addresses assigned before the problem would go away. With DHCP I’m not sure how it happened but rebooting every device eventually fixed it.

Back
Top Bottom