Introducing myself

Looks like you got it stacked pretty high with ~7.4M. Congratulations on making it!

2013 $0.4M
2015 $0.6M
2020 $2.8M
2022 $7.4M*

$0.4M to $7.4M* in < 9 years on $0.1M/year starting salary.

* Plus "I also have a little over 1M cash to buy a house", "I also have 3 years of expenses in cash", and " ~200K of stock options vesting shortly that I am not counting". Say, another $1.4M!

Wow, just wow!

2013 $0.4M
2015 $0.6M
2020 $2.8M
2022 $7.4M*

$0.4M to $7.4M* in < 9 years on $0.1M/year starting salary.

* Plus "I also have a little over 1M cash to buy a house", "I also have 3 years of expenses in cash", and " ~200K of stock options vesting shortly that I am not counting". Say, another $1.4M!

Wow, just wow!
Exactly! And he is still only approx 38 YO.
Very well done.:dance::dance:

well done, readytofire!

On the investing side what was the key or keys to your success?

2013 $0.4M
2015 $0.6M
2020 $2.8M
2022 $7.4M*

Wow, just wow!

I would find such a trend addictive. "next two years: $11M, the next two: $15M...". I'd never RE!

Readytofire just crushed it! I'm super happy for you. Time to enjoy the fruits of your labor!

congratulations, well done.

thank you everyone! My income did increase significantly over the years, and I made some lucky private equity investments that paid off and padded my numbers quite a bit.

Congrats - You made it! and then some. You mention that some "lucky" investments helped you get there. You may want to consider going to a more conservative investment strategy in retirement.

I would find such a trend addictive. "next two years: $11M, the next two: $15M...". I'd never RE!

Wow. People are so fundamentally different. It’s really amazes me. I, on the other hand, have no desire to keep making money. My life style doesn’t need anymore more money and I can’t spend it. I have enough to sustain me for the rest of my life and the subsequent generation if they’re smart with their money. Sometimes I wonder why I worked this long. Once you get to a critical mass, the money just keeps multiplying anyway.

Wow. People are so fundamentally different. It’s really amazes me. I, on the other hand, have no desire to keep making money. My life style doesn’t need anymore more money and I can’t spend it. I have enough to sustain me for the rest of my life and the subsequent generation if they’re smart with their money. Sometimes I wonder why I worked this long. Once you get to a critical mass, the money just keeps multiplying anyway.

They once asked Rockefeller "How much money is enough?" He replied "Just a little bit more."

My comment was more about the addictiveness of seeing a small amount of money grow impressively. Doesn't everyone get a thrill to see that your portfolio is larger than it was last year or the year before?

thank you everyone! My income did increase significantly over the years, and I made some lucky private equity investments that paid off and padded my numbers quite a bit.
it was interesting to start on the first post and think it was recent. You've had good fortune, so congrats. Do you have a book deal yet? 😁

Congrats!

Getting rich fast and staying rich are different things. You made bank with some concentrated bets, now keep it with diversification.

Time to sell some crypto and private equity stuff so if those particular bets go south, you are still in great shape.

readytofire hit the jackpot in an amazing market. Congrats on all the success! I think you've surpassed many of us on this forum. You go girl.

What an amazing introduction. Congrats!

Curious how you “knew” to get that deep into crypto and when?

What an amazing introduction. Congrats!

Curious how you “knew” to get that deep into crypto and when?

Apologies for the late reply. I got lucky, that's all. I was fortunate in that my W2 income increased significantly over the years, which afforded me extra cash and the ability to make some high risk investments. I got into crypto fairly early and cashed out a lot near the market highs last year. I won't claim it was my smarts or clairvoyance or anything else - just a bit of informed luck. It's part of why I was able to retire way earlier than my original target date of 2034!

Back
Top Bottom