Intuit to Acquire Mint.com

Gotadimple

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Just got a note in my email from Intuit announcing that they intend to acquire Mint.com. Here's the official announcement:

Announcement: Mint.com to Join the Intuit Family - Official Quicken® Blog

I especially like this part: ". . .Intuit will continue to offer easy-to-use Quicken desktop software, online services and popular mobile products as well. We understand it’s important to you to be able to continue using the products you know and trust."

I was thinking about moving to Moneydance for next year. Anyone have any experience with it?

-- Rita

I was thinking about moving to Moneydance for next year. Anyone have any experience with it?
I use Moneydance 2008 as well as Quicken -- decided to give MD a try because I don't like Intuit's policy of full-price upgrades and intentionally breaking online functionality for older versions, and I wanted to encourage developers to produce a feasible and compatible alternative.

It does the job, but still feels a little unpolished and not yet fully mature. The main thing, I think, is to see what it does and doesn't do because you may or may not need some of the things it can't do that Quicken can.

I have tried Mint, Moneydance, and Yodlee. While they differ in look and feel, they are similar. I found that they are all budget-based as far as features. The aggregate your investment accounts in one place but when all was said and done, none of them was better for me than Vgds site, especially if you track outside investment there, too.

Google Spreadsheet (I like their "=returnxxx()" and other finance forumulas) does the trick for me. I'll check these other companies for more robust portfolio features as they mature.

Back
Top Bottom