Is anyone staying the course?

Congrats to all of you up YTD; it looks like some of you bought near lows.
I bought some near lows but also trimmed stocks in Jan, Feb, and late March.
I'll take up 4% over 12 months and down 4% YTD. I do fear the potential second wave in fall (or even renewed first wave), so I'm still trimming when I get above 45% stocks--I'm at 44% right now.

I do hope we get a vaccine (or more than one) and reliable antibody testing, even if I'm a bit of a bear right now (and more of a bear the further the market climbs back).

I won't let the allocation go below 40% though--that prompted two buys this year already.

Anyway, good luck to you all--and prove me wrong!

As far as I can see the market is doing exactly what it did in mid-Feb, ignoring the long-term problem staring right in the face. The Fed won't prop it up forever.

As far as I can see the market is doing exactly what it did in mid-Feb, ignoring the long-term problem staring right in the face. The Fed won't prop it up forever.

That is my thoughts too. IMO one possibility is when the 2nd qtr info comes out, plus if there is semi virus wave increase then. The 2nd possibility is if there is a change in Admin. If so, there could be action taken which could affect the markets, plus could be a second wave by then.

It's been propping it up since 2010. The Fed most certainly will keep propping it up.

I'm down 6%!!

Six percent!!!

I'd throw myself out my window, but I live on the ground floor. :D

Naw, haven't changed a thing. I'm more concerned about my monthly income ... will the inevitable corporate revenue declines lead to cuts in dividends? And how deep, if so? :( I live off those suckers (along with my Social Security pension), and right now income = outgo. A decline of even $100/month would have me in a bind.

Last edited:
Wow! With all the threads I have been seeing with this pandemic, it seems a lot have sold or got out of markets. I am surprised by the people bailing from the markets.

Just wondering if any have pretty much stayed the course and going to ride it out or even buying more?

I really don't plan on sell or changing my course at this time. I might someday if things straighten out which maybe years from now.

So, is there any other going to hang in there and stay the course?

i would call my choice 'adjusting '
i took some sensible profits but i would have done that anyway just maybe not that week

i took investment cash risk off the table but let the profits run , where sensible to do so , again not unusual for me anytime in the last six years

i DID save a little harder and build up a better cash buffer just in case reasonable opportunities appeared , so is saving harder and trimming spending is changing course i guess i did

i stayed MOSTLY invested because that was always my plan if 'the everything bubble ' burst , that virus was just an unexpected twist , that influenced where i put new investment cash ( i would not have learned so much toward health-care normally )

even now i am still taking the rare sensible profit

apart from new sector bias most would find it difficult to see the changes

BTW i am mentally prepared for a second LARGE drop as wrecked company balance sheets become obvious , and am calmly building that cash buffer once again , but not desperately off-loading assets to do so

are the ones selling smarter than me , maybe .. i guess time will tell

Staying the course, go figure. Just shows the market is an independent wild child.

Yes during accumulation staying the course with the exception of slowly but surely building up a cash reserve of 2years prior to our FIRE date. This 2 year cash buffer, plus the idea DW may continue to work a year later than me since she is younger than me and still plenty of ambition left will eliminate SOME SORR.

BUT, with 3 kids who knows what the next decade brings. Goal is FIRE in 12 no later, but with college expenses, unknown health and other x factors the journey their might look different tomorrow, next week, next month, next year who knows. I think the idea is to have the plan, and stick to it. It has worked so far for me. OH and ignore all the news, they couldn't tell their a$$ from their elbow.

I’m green, again, for the year....

Also - got a bit of a bonus in purchasing some RCL near the bottom. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Am I supposed to look? :D Full auto with a Target Retirement fund since 2006. 26th year of ER and counting.

Ahem that said my RMD executes in Jan and Feb so with this -19 shelter in place stuff the budget for entertainment, travel and dining out has piled up.

Bought a little BRK-b and VT (Total World Stock) index in march. Plan to do some DCA type buying going forward if this virus keeps up for a while.

heh heh heh - mad money to keep the male mind under control. Hope we have a football season this fall. :LOL: :facepalm: :cool:

Back
Top Bottom