is this rude ?

Craigs List

I've sold a lot of stuff on Craigs List when we downsized. I hardly ever let someone come to my house unless the object was too big for me to meet them in a safe and public place.

My concern is not letting someone know you address, as you don't really know who or what their intentions are.

Cables, are small, tell them you'll meet them in a well lit public place, like the parking lot of a fast food establishment, or even the parking lot of the local police station.

THINK SAFETY !!!!!

“SafeTradeSpots are designated locations at law enforcement offices where buyers and sellers can meet in public under surveillance to complete in-person transactions. There’s no charge for the service”

www.safetradespots.com

“SafeTradeSpots are designated locations at law enforcement offices where buyers and sellers can meet in public under surveillance to complete in-person transactions. There’s no charge for the service”

www.safetradespots.com

I usually do my Craigslist deals at the police dept parking lot--they have a space for this. If the other person objects to this I know they are up to no good so I tell them to forget it

Now who is being paranoid. I do use a Google Voice number, but I suppose the crooks can track that down, too.

Reminds me of the people who hide their license plates in photos on Facebook. Don't they know the license plate is in full view everywhere they drive? And that we know their name? :LOL:
YEAH
They use their thumb to hide the plate number but now I have their finger print!

Many years ago I was leaving a city for a new location and put an advt in the local paper to sell my 3-year old car. A really nice man called and said he'd like to come to look at it for his son who just got his first sales job and needed a reliable car. He came, inspected it and reviewed my maintenance log, and we agreed on the price.

I said I could deliver to him in four days. He then wrote me a check then and there to close the deal. I said that I needed to retain the ownership papers for the four days I was going to still drive it, so he should wait to pay when I delivered the car. He said, "No problem. I trust you; just bring the papers with the car and we'll do the transfer." Amazing trust! The check was written out to me with no note on it about what it was for. He didn't ask for (and I didn't think of) my writing up a quick bill of sale for him. I could have cashed it and claimed it was payment of a debt or anything else.

When my wife and I delivered the car around 11 am on a Saturday, he invited us in to have lunch with his family! It's too bad we were moving, he and his wife seemed like ideal new friend material!

BTW, this was in a very large east coast city, not the middle of Minnesota.

-BB

We bought a car like that once. We went to the guy's house in another state, looked at the car, agreed on the price and I wrote him a check. We went back home and he mailed us the title when the check cleared his bank a few days later. We got the temporary plates from our home state DMV and then drove back to his house to pick up the the car and bring it home. It was about two weeks total. Yes, he could have taken the money and run, but he didn't.

Back
Top Bottom