It's almost over!!!!!!

UncleHoney

Full time employment: Posting here.
Tomorrow is my last day at the salt mine. After 35 years it's going to feel a little strange not to have to go to w%#k every day. I will miss the place and the people too, many of which are lifelong friends. :(

As for my accomplishments over 35 years I feel really good to have been part of a team of people that has made a difference in the world we live in. Every day I see things that are the fruits of our labors and it makes me proud to have been part of the team. Even the members of this board are touched everyday by things we accomplished.

My official retirement begins the first of October so I'm cashing in all my vacation chips till then. Nothing like getting paid not to go to work and the pension check still grows too. :D

Many thanks to all of you for sharing your knowledge about the investment world and all the other retirement related topics too.

Ron

Congratulations on your retirement! And welcome to the next phase of your life -- enjoy every minute of the ride. You've earned it! :D

Congrats!

Wow, seems like we have one everyday! Can't wait for my turn. Wonder if someone has a time machine I can borrow?

Congratulations! I hope that you enjoy a long retirement. Welcome to the club!

Wow, you have enjoyed your work, made wonderful friends and are proud of your accomplishments. Now you are able to retire.

A fortunate person indeed! Congratulations.....:)

Congratulations!
Welcome to the next phase of your life. You will soon wonder how you managed to do anything and w*rk at the same time. We are so busy now we don't have time for many of the items on the Honey Do list; not that I am concerned about it. :D

Thanks everyone for the good wishes. My last day is going to be an easy one I hope.

Have a nice last day at work! Try not to smile too much today. Don't want to rub it in. :)

Leaving my friends at work was a little hard. I stay in touch though. I usually have beers with the guys every couple of weeks. Next week, the company has a golf/fishing trip in Florida and they invited me. So it will be fun to spend 4 days with my old work buddies. Hope you get to stay in touch as well.

Congratulations! What fun, it seems lately that every day someone new cuts the cord!

Sheboyganite

Congrats!!!! Welcome to the rest of your life. You'll definately have to get used to grinning :D:D:D as the days go by it gets better and better.

Well I survived the day and didn't get out of the place till 4:30. There was a steady stream of people congratulating me all day and it took forever to get out the door this afternoon.

In September there is an afternoon reception for the final farewell and I get to bore them all with one last PowerPoint presentation. I've got lots of pictures of old projects which usually create a stir when they find out we did it all on paper back then.

Starting to grin from ear to ear. :D

Congratulations, glad to know you got out in once piece.

Back
Top Bottom