It's been 2 years

My Dream

Full time employment: Posting here.
Yup, 2 years have gone by very quickly. For those interested I'll update from my last review.

Financially:

When I was working we had most of our portfolio with IG and have since transferred 90% of it to TD PIC. Before the downturn both portfolios were doing well and since we only withdraw approximately $10,000. per year out of our portfolio we aren't too concerned since we feel the market will rebound. Only question is...........when.

On the personal side:

Below is a list of objectives I set for myself last year and will update.
Objectives for the next year:
Complete the IG-TD Waterhouse PIC transfer.Completed in January 08.
Increase the rate of return on our portfolio to a point where there is money left over even after accounting for the rate of inflation.Was doing well until a couple months ago.
Loose 25 pounds and get in better shape. I actually put on another 10 pounds, therefore I'm busted.
Educate myself more on the "world of investing".I joined the Financial Webring Forum and try to educate myself and have a better understanding.
Stop the routine and take a vacation with my family as well as spend more time alone with my DW.Went to the US. and spend both the weekend, then a whole week with my family.
Tackle approximately 90% of my to-do list and stop procrastinating.Only completed 50% and my list keeps growing.
Change my mindset and stop worrying about our financial situation.I don't worry as much as before since I try not to spend money any more then I should.
Stop whining!!!! Well at least I don't complain as much.

Conclusion:

I get along better with my DW and kids then I could have hoped for. Spending more time with them is something I can't put a price on. I know she would like to take better vacations and I'm working on it. I haven't been as concerned about our finances as I was during my first year of retirement and with the markets at an all time low I'm not as worried as I once would have. I still don't spend as I'd like in regards to doing repairs and updating our home/cars/vacations since our portfolio hasn't grown as much as I had hoped. DW has been wanting to replace the windows/furnace etc. as well as take the same type vacations as when I was working, since our home is 25 year old home and although I know they need to be done.... I don't see the money coming in as I had hoped therefore I procrastinate. Yes I'm still concerned but at least I don't show it as much.

It's hard to teach an old dog new trick.

My Dream still isn't quite what I imagined, but I'm working on it.

I can really identify with the procrastination . I keep writing lists and sometimes I even get to cross an item off .

I can really identify with the procrastination . I keep writing lists and sometimes I even get to cross an item off .

I actually vacuumed the carpet yesterday.

i use my email calandar appt tool to remind myself of things i want or need to do. this is a carryover from a very hectic and short deadline driven career.
but now, i set them to chime every 2 weeks. i can either a) dismiss them til a later date (heeheehee), b) snooze them for a short time, or
c) delete them if they have lost their appeal.
option c is by far my fave. :D

i like your list a lot. sounds like i need to do a similar one for checkpointing every year. i'll put a calendar reminder in and then pick option b, snooze it. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom