Its End of Times Season Again!

Attachments

• 350x700px-LL-8c363b82_alfred.png
    350x700px-LL-8c363b82_alfred.png
    123.3 KB · Views: 412
End of times? Can't be. The Cubs haven't won anything.

It's not the actual end of times that worries me. It's all those tribulations I may have to endure before the end. Left Behind

Of course various groups of christians have been expecting the end of times since the Ascension. Recall that many of the generation that were alive when christ was on the earth expected the end of the world before they died. (As indeed many do today) So expecting the end of the world is at least 2000 years old.

So who's going to be the first to start an insurance company for protection against the rapture? Each dollar from your premium earns spirit points to ensure your trip to heaven.

For allegedly intelligent beings, humans believe a lot of crazy sh!t...

Walt, the "Post rapture pet care" link is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time!

I hate to rain on your parade regarding post rapture insurance, but I recall seeing a link to a Texas registered insurance company offering just that. The point was that if one is raptured what about liability? Say one is driving and their car is left unattended resulting in death and destruction to the un-raptured. One's un-raptured loved ones/family/etc. would be liable so this insurance would cover such an event. Best perfectly legal scam I ever heard of.

I hate to rain on your parade regarding post rapture insurance, but I recall seeing a link to a Texas registered insurance company offering just that. The point was that if one is raptured what about liability? Say one is driving and their car is left unattended resulting in death and destruction to the un-raptured. One's un-raptured loved ones/family/etc. would be liable so this insurance would cover such an event. Best perfectly legal scam I ever heard of.

But what if the 'rapture' already happened, and people just don't know it? would that be fraud selling insurance for an event that already happened?

So who's going to be the first to start an insurance company for protection against the rapture? .

Back in the day, a buddy and I created a pool of sorts at work on how many people would be killed when Skylab was coming back to earth. We charged $1 and would pay $1 for every person killed by the debris.

The one surprise was the number of people who gave us money! We didn't make a ton of money--maybe about $150--but enough to take our (then) girlfriends to a nice dinner!

Seems the end of the world has been rescheduled from the non-event of blood moon.

"Over a week after blood moon doomsday forecasts were proven wrong, eBible Fellowship leader Chris McCann says ‘the world will pass away’ on 7 October"

One of these days someone will make the correct prediction. Um... I am not holding my breath, Based on weather forecast, to be a good kayaking day.

Christian group predicts the world will be 'annihilated' on Wednesday | World news | The Guardian

With calendar calculations, the margin of error can be substantial.

A thousand years in your sight are like a day
-- Psalm 90:4

With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.
-- 2 Peter 3:8–9

So I got a flu shot yesterday for nothing?

Seems the end of the world has been rescheduled from the non-event of blood moon.

"Over a week after blood moon doomsday forecasts were proven wrong, eBible Fellowship leader Chris McCann says ‘the world will pass away’ on 7 October"

One of these days someone will make the correct prediction. Um... I am not holding my breath, Based on weather forecast, to be a good kayaking day.

Christian group predicts the world will be 'annihilated' on Wednesday | World news | The Guardian
Why do they always try to pick another date in the very near future?!?!

Like that's more believable when you blew the first one big time?

Their tract is titled "A Strong Likelihood That October 7, 2015 Will be the End of the World". So that covers them when it doesn't happen.

At least this will be over soon. The predictions that are a year or more out give people much more time to do stupid things in preparation. Maybe I'll cheat on my diet for a day, just in case.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom