It's official now......

nun

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I ER'ed two and a half years ago at age 52. I just turned 55 and received my first pension check from my ex-employer and started retiree healthcare. It feels official now.

Last edited:
I ER'ed two years ago at age 53. I just turned 55 and received my first pension check from my ex-employer and started retiree healthcare. It feels official now.

Congrats! You ER'ed a couple of months before I did, I was also 53 at the time. I'm still waiting for some sort of trigger to make mine feel "official" :)

Nice! That is a good feeling.

Congrats, Nun. Some very nice benefits there. Enjoy!

Congratulations.

I retired back in March but won't get my first pension cheque until next June as I'm officially on leave until I reach the non-penalty age.

I couldn't stick my job any longer so as soon as I vested in the pension and retiree healthcare I was out of there. Like so many other ERers the first year was an adjustment both financially and in daily living. But two years in things are all set. I have my pension coming in and rent from an apartment which together total $40k a year. I have no debt so that's a comfortable income and I don't need to touch the IRAs etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Back
Top Bottom