It's that time of year again

UncleHoney

Full time employment: Posting here.
I just read an article in the paper about the number of deer/car crashes. I couldn't believe the number for last year just in Ohio.

Twelve people died and 1,187 people were injured in the 28,227 deer-vehicle crashes reported statewide in 2006, according to ODOT's analysis of crashes.

Keep an eye out during the early evening and early morning hours.

The Columbus Dispatch : Drivers put dent in deer herds

Wisconsin and Michigan are up there with Ohio in deer/car crashes and deaths.

We went for a walk this afternoon and three yearling deer were hanging out only a few yards away from where we were walking. Sent the wiener dog after them.

I think there are more deer in the USA now than when Columbus got here. It because their natural preditors were killed off. Also, with the growth of suburbia their habitat is getting smaller.
Next someone should post something about deer whistles you put on the fron of your car.

I think there are more deer in the USA now than when Columbus got here. It because their natural preditors were killed off. Also, with the growth of suburbia their habitat is getting smaller.
Next someone should post something about deer whistles you put on the fron of your car.

It has to do more with crop land....deer flourish when there is a mixture of corn fields and woods (think easy food and easy place to hide)....not so much when there are just woods like it was years ago...

Last year Frank nailed three at once in his Murano on I-65, as a group of deer ran into the roadway. Luckily one bounced left and two bounced right, and he was fine.

He says that he has now nailed more deer on the road than he has hunting during his lifetime. Amazing! Scary, too.

We have a herd of 7 deer in our neighborhood in suburban Michigan- they just graze from yard to yard.

I hit a deer 2 years ago in the evening. Took out the front end of my civic. Insurance repaired it and only assessed the non-collision deductible. The same week, a newspaper delivery person was killed after hitting a deer while on route in the early morning.

Be careful out there.

I have two areas during my commute that I have to slow down - and often stop to let the deer cross the road! Fortunately, my car is a deer virgin!

Back
Top Bottom