Jobs - Downs and Ups

pksublime

Dryer sheet aficionado
History: (I wasn't on this forum yet)
I was informed yesterday that my job was being sent overseas as of 6/1.
I have a job until then and get a severance package and they will pay out my PTO.
We are not going to let this mess up my wedding plans for 5/31.
I have four months to find my next job and all should be well.

I ask for your prayers to help me find my next job.

New stuff:
YAHOO!
If you didn't guess by that, I've landed my next job. A friend of mine put my resume into their system and I'm going to start there on 4/14. It's a similar position to my current one, but bumps me up 10.3%! It's also a move to a private company, which I think I will like more. Being private also means they choose to pay profit sharing to the employees, so that's really cool too. The benefits are normal, with plenty of time off and the best part is the 401k plan. They contribute no matter what the employee contributes, pretty cool.

I'm not going to stay at my current job long enough to get the severance, but it wasn't too much anyway. Let's just say it's not nearly enough to worry about (roughly 1 month's pay which wouldn't get paid for 60 days after term).

Congrats on the new and better job!

Not sure I'd walk away from a month's pay though.

pksublime, that is great news! The new job sounds like a great situation. Best wishes.

Coach

Men (and women) of ability never fear to loose their jobs. It almost always leads to better and more profitable opportunities. :) The last time there was a layoff and I got picked, I actually thanked the manager for doing so. It finally gave me the impetus to get off my butt and find something better. Needless to say, that reaction scared him silly. :) (not a bad thing) Congrats to you....

All things happen for a reason - good luck with your new job and new marriage!

My thoughts on this...

What's a j*b? >:D

Sorry, I had to respond (I'm retired :cool: )...

Good luck, anyway (get those SS contributions in - we "boomers" need the young folk to work!) - as we did for our parents :angel:.

- Ron

Men (and women) of ability never fear to loose their jobs. It almost always leads to better and more profitable opportunities. :) The last time there was a layoff and I got picked, I actually thanked the manager for doing so. It finally gave me the impetus to get off my butt and find something better. Needless to say, that reaction scared him silly. :) (not a bad thing) Congrats to you....

I didn't fear to lose my job until I realized I'm about to be supporting my fiance. Now if I'm out of work, my burn rate is much higher. But in general, I agree. I have no doubts there are jobs out there if I lose this one; but I still don't like being unemployed even for a few weeks.

Congrats on the new and better job!

Not sure I'd walk away from a month's pay though.

FWIW, I believe it would be foolish and petty to make an issue of the extra money. Much more productive to fous on the 'big picture'.

However, everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion. :angel:

So did you end the old job on Friday and you're starting the new job on Monday? Poor planning!

Back
Top Bottom