Just wanted to report back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christine

Full time employment: Posting here.
This thread is locked now but earlier I wrote:

Dollar cost average a windfall? - Early Retirement & Financial Independence Community

I am in a similar situation now and although i lumped $20000 with great success a few years ago I now found I sleep much better doing DCA with 10 times that much.

And the reason I sleep better is although things are going up it's been a while since the bear visited and I know I would feel bad if he came just after me lumping. Even though it's a long time hold kind of investment. So I'm going with my stomach/heart here and not with maths and stats.

Studies are absolutely true for the average investor at an average point in time. However, in 2017 my guess is that Cape10 plays into this much more strongly than in 2016. This time could be different, though.

It is different. This time it's my money on the line.

I ended up investing 1/3 immidiately and the rest over 6 months. Perfectly happy with the results. Knowing what I know at this moment in time I could have done even better by going all in but I'm content and sleeping well.

It's not locked, and you can post in it. At the bottom of the thread is an "old post" warning, just check the box and you're good to go
This Thread is more than 229 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.
I am aware that this Thread is rather old but I still want to make a reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom