Kim Jong Il is dead

samclem

Moderator Emeritus
The official North Korean news agency is reporting that Kim Jong Il is dead. Let's all hope that fate cuts the long suffering people of North Korea a break and that the new leadership is rational. The NK government has announced that Kim Jong Un, KJI's third son, has taken over.

Expect South Korean stock prices to be volatile for some time.

Somethings tells me that his son is not rational, just a hunch though.

Kim Jung Un looks like the picture of a strong leader right out of central casting

131314679_21n.jpg

I am pretty sure the comics are going have fun with him in the next few years.

It would almost be funny except for slave labor, mass starvation, and other horrors that go on in the place.

The collector market for Daffy Duck cartoons just crashed (Kim Jong Il was a big Daffy Duck fan, and was reported to have an extensive collection).

Any chance he is not really dead but wants the world to think that so he can take a few hundred million and retire to some private island some where?

And in other news, Kim Jong Il is still dead.

Yes, to be replaced by his son, Kim Jong Un. I've seen some speculation about the cause of death, some suspecting he was 'helped' to die so others could take over leadership.

Of course North Korea is so secretive we will never know the truth and never see a headline reading "Il Killed, Son Un In".

My my my, Kim is quite the porker in a country where people are eating leaves and grass to stave off starvation. :mad: I guess he gets extra leaves and grass, maybe with gravy?
Some animals are more equal than others. He was also Hennessey's best customer for a couple of years.

And he wore high heels. In public.

Kim and NK are good poster children for the story "The Emporer has No Clothes". He was buck naked and the people said, my what a beautiful suit you have on:LOL:

Kim and NK are good poster children for the story "The Emporer has No Clothes". He was buck naked and the people said, my what a beautiful suit you have on:LOL:
What the people say is one thing, what they believe is anyone's guess. There's lot of public grieving now over KJI's death. In 1994, when his crazy pappy died, the government conducted surveys afterward to determine who had been seen crying and who had not. No tears = insufficient loyalty to the Great Leader = off to the camp for re-education. No, I'm not kidding. It's nearly impossible to overstate the levels of repression and official paranoia inside NK.
So, we see much grieving today in the wake of KJI's death--everyone wants/needs to be seen by all witnesses as being severely distraught.

Last edited:
What the people say is one thing, what they believe is anyone's guess. There's lot of public grieving now over KJI's death. In 1994, when his crazy pappy died, the government conducted surveys afterward to determine who had been seen crying and who had not. No tears = insufficient loyalty to the Great Leader = off to the camp for re-education. No, I'm not kidding. It's nearly impossible to overstate the levels of repression and official paranoia inside NK.
So, we see much grieving today in the wake of KJI's death--everyone wants/needs to be seen by all witnesses as being severely distraught.

This is just a theory, but in progressive repressive governments they can also use the carrot to entice obedience instead of the stick. As in give those crying the most some food (carrots?!) to stave off starvation for another month. Those who aren't observed crying will not be provided with their weekly rations.

Luckily they all have plenty to be distraught about, no matter what Kim is in charge.

I wouldn't be so sure about all this. Don't forget, there are some who believe Elvis is dead, too.

Back
Top Bottom