Kiplinger's annual suggestions on where to live out!

Ed_The_Gypsy said:
I am a real estate genius, too. I was able to sell my house in Clear Lake City (Houston) in '82.

You really are a genius if you got out in '82. You just beat the collapse. Hopefully, you went somewhere that didn't participate in what happened along the Gulf Coast and oil boom towns across the country the last time oil didn't go to $100 a barrel.

Orchidflower said:
Suggestions for retirees: Tampa Bay, Fla.; Pittsburgh; Harrisburg, Pa.; Port St. Lucie, Fla.; Roanoke, Va.

Funny for work I have been to all those locations in the last 12 months.

Tampa Bay - traffic is horrible. I hate sitting at a red light 3 cycles. Call me crazy. :LOL:
Pittsburgh - very pretty city.
Harrisburg - booming city. Lots of building going on. Beware Route 30. Lots to do.
Port St Lucie - humid, humid, humid. Have a bag packed. A friend of mine said they evacuated 8 times in the last couple years due to hurricane alerts.
Roanoke - little city but very liveable. Heard lots of complaints about lack of medical care providers. Pretty much shuts down after 8pm.

Mwsinron said:
My first drive through Texas. We stayed the night at some cheap hotel just outside of San Antonio. Just when we were going to leave some big mother of what looked like a wasp flew into the car.

That's why in San Antonio I always keep my windows rolled up except when going through the drive thru topless liquor stores.

SoonToRetire said:
That's why in San Antonio I always keep my windows rolled up except when going through the drive thru topless liquor stores.

I hope these brave and public spirited women wear plenty of insect repellent.

Ha

Back
Top Bottom