Kitchen Cabinets By Wood-Mode - Cleaning

Vincenzo Corleone

Full time employment: Posting here.
We had kitchen cabinets made by a company called Wood-Mode installed a number of years ago. The model of cabinets is called Brookhaven. Shortly after having them installed, I heard that cleaning them was tricky, as the finish was a bit delicate. I've heard stories of people rubbing them clean, only to find that doing so affected the way they look - the cabinets took on an uneven glossy look.

Knowing this, we've been careful in how we clean them, but some of them have some stubborn stains on them. I'm afraid of being too aggressive when cleaning. I've tried cleaning them with castile soap with limited success.

Anyone with these cabinets who care to share how they clean them?

Do they have the same finish inside. If so could you pick a door that is not noticeable like the one over a fridge and test inside to see if you can rub off the finish ?

Related: why do we have cabinets over the fridge, talk about nearly useless. Does someone have a good use for them ?

...Related: why do we have cabinets over the fridge, talk about nearly useless. Does someone have a good use for them ?

We have a cabinet over the fridge at one of our homes... we put stuff in there that we use infrequently, especially towards the back since we need to use a step-stool to access it. I do keep some plastic containers towards the front that don't fit conveniently into any of our other cupboards that I can reach without a setp-stool.

DW swears by Guardsman Clean and Polish....Who am I to argue? The cabinets we had installed specifically stated "don't use soap and water".

We have a cabinet over the fridge at one of our homes... we put stuff in there that we use infrequently, especially towards the back since we need to use a step-stool to access it. I do keep some plastic containers towards the front that don't fit conveniently into any of our other cupboards that I can reach without a setp-stool.

We do the same thing...store infrequently used items.

I have custom made wood cabinets and have safely used Murphys oil soap to clean ours, as that is what the cabinet maker told us. But i would contact the manufacturer if you can.

Our top of the fridge cabinet has a pull out drawer, still need a step stool, but easier to get things. We store paper cups, napkins, and other things not needed too often

Related: why do we have cabinets over the fridge, talk about nearly useless. Does someone have a good use for them ?

We had an extended cabinet installed over the fridge, it's 2 feet deep. I put 2 steel baskets on extension slides on the bottom and a quarter inch plywood shelf on top. The baskets store zip locks, wax paper, foil, trash bags and the top shelf hold 6 rolls of paper towels which you can remove with a wooden spoon handle through the core.

Back
Top Bottom