Know how to eliminate 10bit.com from opening page on computer?

Orchidflower

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
The other day I downloaded a page that had 10bit.com installers, obviously, hidden in it. I figured out how to delete the 10bit.com toolbar, but lo and behold! yesterday (a full week after) my opening page, which was Google, now has a page that looks "somewhat" like Google but it run by 10bit.com.
There are a number of general uninstaller programs listed on the net--none for 10bit.com specifically--but I'm not sure which one is safe and which one isn't. And do they work for eliminating 10bit.com?
Has anyone here gotten stuck with 10bit.com popping up on their main Google page/opening page? Does anyone know how to get rid of it?:(

I don't know anything about 10bit.com - - never heard of it.

But if that happened to me, I'd run the (free) malwarebytes software to make sure my computer is "clean". I'll bet you have something on your computer that shouldn't be there and keeps downloading that stuff.

Has your "Home Page" been changed ?

If you are using internet explorer, then under the Tools tab go to the "Internet Options" link.

At the top of the pop-up window the "Home Page" is defined. If you want the Google home page then it should be set to Google

If it's something different then just set it to whereever you want and hit the save button.

Thank you so much, MasterBlaster. It worked.
I ran Spy Sweeper, McAfee and Malwarebytes and nothing came up. How the heck do they get your computer to change like that I wonder?

But, again, thank you so much for the help, MasterBlaster!!! I am most grateful.

Now just cross your fingers that it doesn't get changed back when you reboot the computer.

Back
Top Bottom