Krispy Kreme and the mystery of corp. shortfalls

Re: Krispy Kreme and the mystery of corp. shortfal

Aborted twin?

Hmm.

Of course the eskimo's dont have heart disease...anyone who lacked the genetics to take that sort of diet simply died off, leaving those who could to procreate.

Darwin!

Having spent a little time fishing with Inuits in the Canadian Arctic, I can shed a little light here.

Their diet is very high in fat, but it is the good kind. Arctic Char is like Salmon (very tasty) whale and seal (seal is not bad, but a cold piece of whale blubber will separate the men from the boys).  :-X

Lately with the introduction of Processed food, their  diet is headed south.

. . . I doubt ancient man in most races was a heavy meat-eater.  . . .

You'd be wrong about that. Man started out as a hunter-gatherer -- but mostly hunter -- from paleolithic times. Archaeology studies indicate a mostly meat (large game) diet with minor amounts of gathered grains and nuts. In most areas around the world, this dominance of meat in the diet continues even after the global climate change that contributed to the loss of large game animals. Man simply adapted their hunting to smaller mamals. Agriculture and sedentary lifestyles don't come till much later throughout the world. At that time man becomes much more dependent on corn, beans and squash (or the local equivalent in some areas).

Although the move to a sedentary from hunter-gatherer lifestyle brings about a significant explosion of cultural development in the form of textiles, ceramics, architecture, etc. it was also often associated with the onset of health problems in the population -- not always.

:D

TH, high triglycerides are a death sentence. Lay off sugars of any kind, simple or starch. No coke or pess! :DAnd transfats! Whoever manufactures them is going to be in for megalawsuits. :-X

TH, high triglycerides are a death sentence. Lay off sugars of any kind, simple or starch. No coke or pess! :DAnd transfats! Whoever manufactures them is going to be in for megalawsuits. :-X

Zipper,

I am a believer in laying off the Sugar. But I have heard it's fine to consume diet coke etc. :confused:

Cut-Throat, the cure for high triglycerides is cold-water fish oil. Salmon will do, or sardines, anchovies, mackerel etc. :-* Or Arctic Char! :D

Back
Top Bottom