Kroger Stores

Venturer

Full time employment: Posting here.
Our Wild west camping trip will come during a time that we may need to refill a couple of prescriptions. We use Kroger here at home but wondering if anyone knows about Kroger in Ne.Wy.SD.Mo. or Ar. I have used them in Tn. or Fla. before but nowhere else. I figure our forum is so widely diverse that we probably have some in each of these states. Any info is appreciated.

Look also for Fred Meyer and QFC. Those are two I know are owned by Kroger, probably use the same computer system in their pharmacies?
You could also google for Kroger locations where you are going.

We have also been able to get early refills sometimes at our local pharmacy if we told them we were going out of town. They had to get an over ride from insurance company, but it worked

Last edited:
Kroger has many other names under their corp umbrella. Most likely there is one in those areas. For example just below WY is CO and there it is King Sooper. In other areas in southwest it is Smiths.

Quick question, what Kroger in FL? I didn't think they are in FL except for grocery home delivery.

OP why don't you just ask your local pharmacy directly there's no guarantee that all Kroger divisions interact with each other

Last edited:
OP why don't you just ask your local pharmacy directly there's no guarantee that all Kroger divisions interact with each other

I did ask but the young lady gave me the Deer in headlight look and said Kroger is all over the place aren't they?:facepalm:

I did ask but the young lady gave me the Deer in headlight look and said Kroger is all over the place aren't they?:facepalm:

Call corporate. I'm not surprised that someone in the local pharmacy isn't informed about what goes on in other states.

-ERD50

Call corporate. I'm not surprised that someone in the local pharmacy isn't informed about what goes on in other states.

-ERD50

But in store Customer Service desk might be, or can direct you to the website that shows you the subsidiary names for where you are travelling.

Why not get extra drugs before you leave? Insurer may balk if it is covered by your policy, but we've had consistently good luck with getting vacation exception for "early" refills.

(Dunno how it would work on Medicare or an ACA plan though. Will have to look into the former when we get closer to going onto it.)

I was in that situation once and I just refilled early. My regular pharmacy told the insurance company that it was a "vacation" refill (or some language like that) and it went right through.

Re deer in headlights, our health provider system closed all their pharmacies, which were great to work with. I was happy -- not a single deer there. So I tried CVS and Walgreens. Both we their own kind of train wreck. So now I am using a pharmacy owned by another large local provider system. No deer there either and -- get this --- the person answering the phone is both competent and knowledgeable. I am happy again.

Note: In our area, the grocery store pharmacies are typically operated by independent companies like CVS, Walgreens, etc. So Kroger may not actually be Kroger, further thickening the stew.

In theory just about all prescriptions can be electronically transferred between different entities. DH got a refillable RX upon hospital discharge. Had to fill one in house because of time issues. I was able to go online to the dispensing Pharm and have it transferred to home Pharm with zero issues.

I was in that situation once and I just refilled early. My regular pharmacy told the insurance company that it was a "vacation" refill (or some language like that) and it went right through.

Re deer in headlights, our health provider system closed all their pharmacies, which were great to work with. I was happy -- not a single deer there. So I tried CVS and Walgreens. Both we their own kind of train wreck. So now I am using a pharmacy owned by another large local provider system. No deer there either and -- get this --- the person answering the phone is both competent and knowledgeable. I am happy again.

Note: In our area, the grocery store pharmacies are typically operated by independent companies like CVS, Walgreens, etc. So Kroger may not actually be Kroger, further thickening the stew.

Its all good. The system they interfaced with to tell you the benefits isn't the insurance company either.

ETA: I have had the pharmacy technician do something that caused an early refill to go through so it's possible. Probably not for any controlled substances.

Last edited:
I walked into a Fry's store in Phoenix earlier this year. Other than the name Fry's instead of Fred Meyer, the store was very familiar. I felt like I had never left home. I noticed my Fred Meyer rewards number worked at Fry's. I would think the Rx info is also common to all Korger owned chain stores, but I would not bet my life on it.

I refill at Kroger wherever. My home pharmacy is Harris Teeter, owned by Kroger.

But Kroger is not in every state so YMMV.

I refill at Kroger wherever. My home pharmacy is Harris Teeter, owned by Kroger.

But Kroger is not in every state so YMMV.

Actually, it might be in the state... just not in your location:
In MO, you will find them in parts of the state... but NOT in STL as they left the area some time ago... It's Schnucks and other local stores.
Oh, it's also City Market in parts of CO... not all are King Soopers (which got bought out decades ago... it used to be a local brand in CO back in the 60/70's)

Yeah, in my home town, Kroger tried for years to take over a large local independent grocery chain. They eventually got the job done, but they didn't change the name of the stores. It's all Kroger stuff inside, but outside, the same name that's been there for almost 60 years still is emblazoned over the entrance. SO, check the website provided by PaunchyPirate. It's probably wherever you'll be but YMMV.

Our Wild west camping trip will come during a time that we may need to refill a couple of prescriptions. We use Kroger here at home but wondering if anyone knows about Kroger in Ne.Wy.SD.Mo. or Ar. I have used them in Tn. or Fla. before but nowhere else. I figure our forum is so widely diverse that we probably have some in each of these states. Any info is appreciated.

if you can't find one you might consider having the Rx transfered to Walgreens or CVS. both are everywhere. we use Walgreens and when we're on the road in our RV we've never had an issue (with one exception for a controlled substance Rx) getting refills at any Walgreens.

If the insurance won't authorize an early vacation refill I would think you could use good RX.

Many companies under the umbrella...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220415-064654.jpg
    Screenshot_20220415-064654.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 15
I can validate that any Kroger company card (the loyalty/discount card) works at any other Kroger co store. I use my original Smiths card all over the US at various Kroger co stores. I no longer even live in Smiths territory.

Back
Top Bottom