LATER THAN YOU THINK

Our thoughts are with you, sir ... we've appreciated your wisdom, and wish you and your family the best in this tough time.

Thanks everyone.

Now let's rock up and get positive. Gina promises to have her second favorite watering hole up and running by next year. The 'island church' and 'Big Betty's' place are gone with Katrina.

Eleven of twelve people we've found so far are living in trailers(FEMA) or have them promised - four are out of state Texas, Alabama, Tennessee and Baton Rouge.

The big project is to find a decent picture to go with the urn.

And you don't need to be Irish to attend the party - she wasn't picky. No date yet - but at least six month's - to give people some time to get their lives in order - so she can have a hecka of a wake.

So thanks again - get cracking on 'your' ER - we had a good eleven years - wish it were more - but plan to soldier on.

On to more pleasant topics.

Like all, sorry to learn of your loss. But pleased to note in your latest post the resilience of the human spirit. Carry on, unclemick.

Unclemick,

I am so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you.

Dear Unclemick:

I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

I just lost my father 2 months ago; he was in a nursing home for almost 4 years and suffered a lot. I would spend several hours per day with him, 4 to 5 days per week, and miss him terribly. Even though he was 87 and in very bad health, with a poor prognosis in recent months, it was still a big shock and emotionally draining. If you are very close to the person, as I was, you are never really "prepared" for the end. I think of him and miss him everyday.

With your SO's sudden and unexpected loss, it must be even more difficult to take. Take care of yourself, and gather strength and support from your family and close ones.

Sincerely,

Toejam

unclemick2 said:
Thanks everyone.

Now let's rock up and get positive. Gina promises to have her second favorite watering hole up and running by next year. The 'island church' and 'Big Betty's' place are gone with Katrina.

Eleven of twelve people we've found so far are living in trailers(FEMA) or have them promised - four are out of state Texas, Alabama, Tennessee and Baton Rouge.

The big project is to find a decent picture to go with the urn.

And you don't need to be Irish to attend the party - she wasn't picky. No date yet - but at least six month's - to give people some time to get their lives in order - so she can have a hecka of a wake.

So thanks again - get cracking on 'your' ER - we had a good eleven years - wish it were more - but plan to soldier on.

On to more pleasant topics.

Good to hear from you again. I know it's a difficult time. When my brother died earlier this year, I was somewhat worried about my sister in law but she has really done a good job of staying busy. She does a lot of volunteer work, goes to football games at her daughters college, and continues to work as a nurse.

That's the key.........stay busy. Your obviously the type to land on your feet.(As Garfield 8))
Good luck with everything!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom