Lawn Question: (New Grass)

ownyourfuture

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
6 days ago, I dug up a small bare spot in my lawn, removed the scattered clumps of grass present, applied fresh topsoil, & covered it with one of those bags that contain both fertilizer & grass seed.

Today, the first shoots of grass are starting to pop up. It's been warm & muggy up until today, & I’ve watered it every evening after there was no longer sun shining directly on the area.

Tonight the temperature is going to get down into the low 50s.
(15° to 20° cooler than it's been in the previous 6 nights)
I read all the directions on the back of the package, & it only states that it does better when temperatures stay above 60° overnight.

Should I continue to water it in the evening ?

And don't forget to sit on your Porch and yell at the kids -- "Get off of my Lawn" !!

In a large part of the USA the best grass planting season is September and October. Most grasses prefer cool and damp.

We're in a Bermuda turfgrass belt. Only problem is that when properly fertilized and watered, Bermuda must be cut about twice a week and best if bagged. Quits growing in September, too.

We put Roundup on our Bermuda to kill every sprig--and resodded with Zoysia. Looks great and doesn't wear the homeowner out. Much better for a retiree to cut without getting so worn out.

Ideally, the grass would dry and not be damp over night. Too many diseases occur with wet grass.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom