Lena Horne

Lena Horne passed away today at age 92.

Legendary singer, actress Lena Horne dead at 92 - CNN.com

I could hardly believe she was 92 already. She will be missed by many of those, like me, who appreciate her music and feel like it was a big part of our lives. At least her music will live on.

Yes, wonderful Lady. Lovely music she made. My Lena Horne LP's will get prime honors. Starting with "I Feel so Smoochie"

She really was one of a kind. So beautiful, so classy and elegant. Very unique lady for her time.

She really was one of a kind. So beautiful, so classy and elegant. Very unique lady for her time.

I really like your description of her, Orchidflower. Classy, elegant, one of a kind, and always such an artist.

I'm very sad she's gone. Such a strong lady. The world lost something very special today.

Quite a few years ago, DH and I saw Ms. Horne in her one woman show in New York. She was already in her mid to late 70s, but her energy and her voice were simply amazing! She was ever bit as beautiful and gracious in person as she appeared on tv. One of my favorite Broadway memories!

Thank you for the link, Ron! That is the song of hers that I remember most. What a beautiful rendition.

In 1943 she starred with Bill Robinson, Fats Waller and Cab Calloway and the tap dancers Fayed and Harold Nicholas in the movie Stormy Weather. She sang Stormy Weather and other songs, and there were wonderful dance numbers.

An enjoyable movie, and a chance to see her as a very young woman. I think the clip above is from this movie.

Ha

Back
Top Bottom