LIT, Global X Lithium & Battery Tech ETF

I bought this ETF in early Feb of 2021 and am up 36% now. I bought it as a play on the EV battery market which is going to continue to rise over the next few years. I wasn't comfortable buying individual stock names in this area.

Another idea in this area is LAC, which is an individual stock that has exploded. Their business description is:

Lithium Americas Corp. operates as a resource company in the United States. The company explores for lithium deposits. It owns interests in the Cauchari-Olaroz Project located in Jujuy province of Argentina; and Thacker Pass project located in north-western Nevada. The company was formerly known as Western Lithium USA Corporation and changed its name to Lithium Americas Corp. in March 2016. Lithium Americas Corp. was incorporated in 2007 and is headquartered in Vancouver, Canada.

All these EV's will need batteries to run on!

I bought this ETF in early Feb of 2021 and am up 36% now. I bought it as a play on the EV battery market which is going to continue to rise over the next few years. I wasn't comfortable buying individual stock names in this area.

Another idea in this area is LAC, which is an individual stock that has exploded. Their business description is:

Lithium Americas Corp. operates as a resource company in the United States. The company explores for lithium deposits. It owns interests in the Cauchari-Olaroz Project located in Jujuy province of Argentina; and Thacker Pass project located in north-western Nevada. The company was formerly known as Western Lithium USA Corporation and changed its name to Lithium Americas Corp. in March 2016. Lithium Americas Corp. was incorporated in 2007 and is headquartered in Vancouver, Canada.

All these EV's will need batteries to run on!

You may want to read this article:

https://www.fool.com/investing/2021/11/08/lithium-americas-romeo-power-arbe-robotics-jump/

Of these three companies, only one had actual stock-specific news to report today. Specifically, Arbe Robotics announced that the former chief financial officer of TIBA Parking Systems, Karine Pinto-Flomenboim, will become its own new CFO. But while I've no reason to believe Pinto-Flomenboim will be anything other than a fine accountant for Arbe ... memos from HR aren't ordinarily the kind of news that inspires a 14.5% spike in stock price!

On the other hand, all three of these stocks are directly tied into the potential for America to put more battery-powered and/or autonomously driven electric cars on the road. But here's the thing:

Out of the $1 trillion (and some analysts even say $1.2 trillion) in new infrastructure spending contained in the bill just passed, only a bare sliver -- $7.5 billion, or less than 1% -- is being directed toward the growing of EV charging networks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom