Looking for a good book recommendation site

Chuckanut

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Greetings to the FIRED!

One of my goals is to read more, especially now that I am done with Summer projects. :dance:

I have been looking at a website the gives books recommendations based upon books I have read and rated on the site. But, I personally don't care for how the site works or the recommendations it generates. The fact that it is owned by a very large book selling business also makes it a bit suspect, IMHO.

Does anybody know of an online Reader's website they like? Preferably one with lots of input from fellow readers and not owned by a book selling business.

From the title I wondered whether you were looking for a washroom!

Have you checked out goodreads? https://www.goodreads.com

It meets your criteria but I confess I do not know who owns the website.

Edited to add: I just discovered that Amazon bought goodreads in 2013. So I guess that won't work for you. However, I think it is an excellent site.

Last edited:
Perhaps one of the moderators can changed the the title to "looking for a good book recommendation site"

Like Meadbh I subscribe to Goodreads. If I see something I like I order it from the library. A lot of Goodreads reviews are ahead of publication so you have to wait a couple of months to get the books.

Back
Top Bottom