Looking for the best free anti malware programs

joecan5785

Confused about dryer sheets
I presently have Windows Defender for anti virus and was wondering what are the best free anti malware programs out there. Or is it best to purchase a program for an annual fee?

Either way, what are some recommendations for good anti malware protection, free or otherwise?

Thank you

Malwarebytes has a free version which is good at finding bad stuff.

I use Windows Defender. Various ratings services say others may be a bit better but I have had no problems for years and it is easy. When I have used McAffee or Norton during the "free" period on a new PC I always experienced some conflict with programs I installed.

Didn't Windows Defender get replaced by Microsoft Security Essentials? I haven't used either.

I'm at the moment using a Premium trial version of Malwarebytes. Was using a free version but an update turn to a trial version. Now, I'm waiting for the free trial period to expire in about a week to re-evaluate either to keep or look for alternative.

Didn't Windows Defender get replaced by Microsoft Security Essentials? I haven't used either.

I'm at the moment using a Premium trial version of Malwarebytes. Was using a free version but an update turn to a trial version. Now, I'm waiting for the free trial period to expire in about a week to re-evaluate either to keep or look for alternative.
Yes, but it is Defender again in Windows 10

Back
Top Bottom