MacOS Big Sur

@euro, just get a copy of Quicken 2017 for Mac. It is the last version that did not require a sub, and works well with Big Sur.

Thanks. I’m very surprised as I did get a copy of Q2017 and while it did install on BigSur, only a partial list of the Q2007 data was transferred over and I got the message box that said “you must subscribe to one of the following two subscription options in order to unlock the full functionality”. Maybe I bought a bum copy of Q2017 (it is a original disk in the original box) or maybe I’m just ignorant, but that’s where I decided to throw in the towel. It looks like it would have worked fine for anything going forward, but for me, the historic files are actually more important because they contain a lot of cost basis information from the time when the brokerages did not have to keep track of them. I also had many, many individual DRIP stocks back in the 90-ies that didn’t track the reinvestment basis. So, worthless for me now - or again, maybe I just messed up the installation (although I HAVE been installing software since the mid 80-ies, so you’d think I could handle that - getting older though....)

Mileage apparently DOES vary in this case.....:(

Since updating I've been having problems with my Apple Magic Keyboard, Magic Trackpad, and Apple mouse losing their bluetooth connections. Some Googling revealed that losing bluetooth connections is a common problem but the examples I saw were with non-Apple devices. Apple is supposedly working on a fix, hopefully to come out in version 11.2 if not sooner.

Big Sur 11.2 is available now. Updated my macbook pro.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom