Upgrading Yosemite OS to Catalina ?????

frayne

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Wednesday tried upgrading from Yosemite to Big Sur and crashed my mac mini (Late 2014) computer, actually the thing quit at the end of the install. Fortunately I had backed everything up and I'm back in business and thinking about trying to upgrade to Catalina OS, which is kind of an interim OS.

The reason for the OS upgrade is the latest 2020 H&R Block tax program I downloaded won't install because of the Yosemite 10.10.5. ver. and says I need a later version OS.

Thoughts, suggestions, words of wisdom, many thanks in advance.

Catalina works well on my Mac mini late 2012, will not take BigSur, TurboTax works well with Catalina for me

Wednesday tried upgrading from Yosemite to Big Sur and crashed my mac mini (Late 2014) computer, actually the thing quit at the end of the install. Fortunately I had backed everything up and I'm back in business and thinking about trying to upgrade to Catalina OS, which is kind of an interim OS.

The reason for the OS upgrade is the latest 2020 H&R Block tax program I downloaded won't install because of the Yosemite 10.10.5. ver. and says I need a later version OS.

Thoughts, suggestions, words of wisdom, many thanks in advance.

Catalina totally screwed up my audiobook downloads. iTunes is no longer operational on Catalina - I can download audiobooks but can no longer transfer them to my iPod Classic for listening to at night. If I'd known this, I'd have never changed to Catalina! Grrr!! Luckily, I have a very old MacBook that still has an older operating system, so I quickly transferred all the most recent audiobooks I'd bought on Audible to my iPod Classic, then cancelled my Audible subscription because I can't use the audiobooks for what it my main reason for buying them.

Thanks everyone, I found a work around for now, the tax program loaded just fine on my MacBook Air running High Sierra OS. Dave, the new mac minis are outstanding machines from what I have read and youtube reviews. I'm just too cheap to upgrade as my mac mini is only about six years old and runs like a top.

Back
Top Bottom