Making a Doorstop -- what angle cut?

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I want to make a doorstop of of scap wood? The kind of door stops that is just shaped like a triangle and the wedge goes under the door. But believe it or not as I've been searching on the internet I haven't found anyplace that tells me what angle to cut the wood to make an efficient doorstop.

Of course I can guess and use trial and error, but thought if there's already a proper angle, that would be better.

My guessimate would be about 25 or 30 degree angle?

Thanks.

Thanks for the info. I did find something when poking around the internet searching under "how to make a door wedge" instead of "doorstop"

Door Wedges

This would completely depend on the frictional coefficient between the doorstop and the floor and how much of the door stop will go under the door (door to floor clearance) which will determine the downward force + the weight of the door stop which adds to it.

So there's no one size fits all. Trial and error it is.

(Overall I don't think it matters a great deal. Many solutions will work. Also I receive several door stops for free annually; they are in the shape of books and have a lot of phone numbers in them :-D )

All together now...

"This thread has become useless without pictures...."

Wonder why they say

"If there is blood on the floor and the wedges get contaminated, simply dispose of them in a biohazard bag.":confused:

Thanks for the info. I did find something when poking around the internet searching under "how to make a door wedge" instead of "doorstop"

Door Wedges

mouse-door-stop.jpg
imgres

I just made two wedges from the 1" x 2" x 6" measurement cut diagnally. Worked fine the the door in question.

Back
Top Bottom