Making Airline meals

A few weeks ago, I went to Bojangles and ordered a grilled chicken sandwich, my usual. I took a bite out of it, and happen to look at the sandwich, it was reddish chicken, and was ozing red juice. By this time, I had swallowed the first bite, but immediately took it to the register and got my money back. I did not die (as evident of me writing this post), and did not get sick.

My point of this is: would automation have prevented this from happening? I think either automation could have prevented this (evidently a worker that day forgot to test the temp of the chicken), or automation (that is broken or misadjusted) could have sickened dozens of people.

It has been a while since we took a road trip….think pre Covid. We would typically stop at a small town and bypass the chains out by the interstate to find a local diner downtown. We got some good meals that way…and occasionally some mediocre meals. At any rate it was more interesting and better than McDonald’s. I hope these little diners are still in business.

Yeah, I don’t make them very often but they are a nice road trip treat. I also make my own mayo :D.

I love hard boiled eggs, egg salad, and deviled eggs. I also make my own mayo, since it is very easy with a stick blender. With the sous vide machine, I pasteurize my own eggs and for the oil I make a 50:50 blend of avocado and olive oil. I had an egg salad snack tonight after band practice.

Back
Top Bottom