Masters Golf Tournament

harllee

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I am enjoying watching the Masters. It was postponed from the Spring, it's the first time it has been played in the Fall. Augusta looks different with no azaleas but it is still beautiful. Also looks different with very few fans.

I am enjoying watching the Masters. It was postponed from the Spring, it's the first time it has been played in the Fall. Augusta looks different with no azaleas but it is still beautiful. Also looks different with very few fans.
I greatly enjoyed watching the first round, kind of weird not seeing fans. I can't wait to see what Bryson Dechambeau does on this golf course. Jack Nicholas is complaining that these guys are hitting it too far and its ruining the game on the classic courses.
First thing my wife said: "Where are the azaleas?" And "the dogwoods are losing their leaves." This is the extent of her interest in golf.

The Masters is my favorite of all the majors. Lot's of low scores due to the soft conditions. Should be a fun weekend.

My father went to live with an uncle in Augusta Summer, 1936. He said the course was one of the most beautiful places he's ever seen.

My brother in law and nephew played the course just about every year until a member/friend passed away. He says it's quite an experience to stay on the property where you're every thing possible is a short phone call away.

We're fortunate to have two Robert Trent Jones golf courses on our street and a third RTJ course in sight across the lake from us. These courses play 8,050 yards and strike fear in the heart of even good golfers. They're something special too.

I greatly enjoyed watching the first round, kind of weird not seeing fans. I can't wait to see what Bryson Dechambeau does on this golf course. Jack Nicholas is complaining that these guys are hitting it too far and its ruining the game on the classic courses.
First thing my wife said: "Where are the azaleas?" And "the dogwoods are losing their leaves." This is the extent of her interest in golf.

Bryson lost a ball on one of the early holes and sort of had a melt down.

I have been privileged to be able to attend the Masters in person twice. The course is even prettier in person than on TV. The grass is like a plush oriental carpet. One time at the Masters I took off my shoe to be able to rub my foot on the grass and a Marshall was immediately at my side and told me I had to keep my shoe on. They are very particular about decorum.

The course is much more hilly in person than on TV. It is quite a walk for 18 holes.

Drive for show....

Actually, I like him and how he is methodically trying to constantly improve his game... and he actually does have a good short game too and is a decent putter... you don't get to that level and win major championships without the whole package... but on any given Sunday anything can happen.

It is astounding to me how the pros can be great one day and suck the next... just like the rest of us.

Drive for show....
It is astounding to me how the pros can be great one day and suck the next... just like the rest of us.

That's golf and why only a golfer can appreciate the focus, feel and luck it must take to win a major.

Augusta National this time of year is hauntingly beautiful but without the galleries seems rather strange !

Some great golf being played right now. The course is just beautiful. Great weather too.

Don't they play that tourney in April?

This is the first time ever that it was not played in April. Postponed due to the virus until now. The course looks different --no azaleas but its still beautiful. No crowds. Another difference is that they tee times are earlier in the day because it gets too dark to play by 5:30.

This is the first time ever that it was not played in April. Postponed due to the virus until now. The course looks different --no azaleas but its still beautiful. No crowds. Another difference is that they tee times are earlier in the day because it gets too dark to play by 5:30.

And I thought I heard them say they're doing threesomes and split tees tomorrow so they can finish before dark.

Agree that the course is beautiful. I wish they had implemented lift/clean/place since I've seen several shots adversely impacted by mud or dirt on the ball, which seems arbitrary. I can't imagine Augusta National doing that, though, as it probably violates their sense of decorum somehow.

And to insult to the wound, Feather driver smacking Bernard Langer beat his ass Sunday and total. What a 4 days for Langer...So intelligent and stays within himself. He would be 180-220 back on second shots having to hit hybrids and woods into greens. And would still walk off with pars and sneak a few birds in...If you go to Masters.org under players you can see every shot they hit in round in short order time.
His 285 tied for his 4th lowest total personal best. Yes, the greens were more receptive, but I bet the course is 500 yards longer than when he won...Oh and being 63 doesnt help the cause either, lol.

I would say that Dustin Johnson is in control but but I don't want to jinx him--and it is getting windy in Augusta. Tiger had a terrible round with a 10 on the par three 12.

Good for Bernard Langer, I have always liked him, good player and a gentleman.

I would say that Dustin Johnson is in control but but I don't want to jinx him--and it is getting windy in Augusta. Tiger had a terrible round with a 10 on the par three 12.

Good for Bernard Langer, I have always liked him, good player and a gentleman.

Tiger had a great back nine with a handful of birdies (and 4 in a row). Oh well....

I was grateful to watch The Masters at all, but it just didn't have the normal Sun back 9 excitement-anticipation that I've felt every other year. IMO it wasn't the players or the leaderboard, it was the lack of fan reactions who fire up the players, having a dozen people clap just isn't the same. The commentators didn't have the fans to feed off of either, they weren't as animated as usual either.

Congrats to Dustin Johnson, with 24 PGA wins he should have a Masters win on his resume, and now he does. The lowest winning score in Masters history 268/-20. His brother got more emotional than he did on 18, but that's understandable for achieving a goal they've both dreamed about since they were kids living in Columbia SC.

The good news is there's another Masters in only 5 months.

Last edited:
It was interesting to see them using drones for camera work. Gave some unique perspectives. Will be interesting to see if the still use them when the galleries are back, whenever the galleries are back.

I was happy for Andy Ogletree in being low amateur for the event and finishing 33rd overall. He grew up just 20 miles from me. Hopefully he will earn a PGA tour card one day.

I was happy for Andy Ogletree in being low amateur for the event and finishing 33rd overall. He grew up just 20 miles from me. Hopefully he will earn a PGA tour card one day.
Especially since playing with Tiger Woods was one of his golf dreams, and he got to play with Tiger the first two rounds! Nice story.
AUGUSTA, Ga. (AP) — Amateur Andy Ogletree was getting ready to tee off in the Masters for the first time when his playing partner, a fellow U.S. Amateur champion, came up to introduce himself.

Guy by the name of Tiger Woods.

“Before I teed off, he kind of came up and embraced me and said, ‘Let’s go do this thing,’” Ogletree said Sunday after shooting an even-par 72 tie for 34th and join Woods on the list of low amateurs at the Masters. “I think that’s one thing I’ll never forget.

Back
Top Bottom