MD without residency--- What kind kind of jobs they can do?

rsingh6675

Recycles dryer sheets
One of my relatives has to quit from MD residency after two years. He has to wait for a year to apply for residency. Are there any stop gap jobs he can do for a year or so? If anyone has experience or suggestions in this area, please pass it on. He will appreciate it.

One idea would be to volunteer overseas with disaster relief. That would give him good experience and help him to get a future job, peace corp is a two year stint, if he could do 2 years i'm sure he could do some good with his training.. It would also give him extra points towards federal work and explain a gap in the resume as being a need to do good and help the world..

SOme states grant a "GP" type license as long as the internship (first year) of postgraduate training is done. It implies low level scope of practice and almost all serious jobs require board eligibility which 1 year would not give him.

One of my relatives has to quit from MD residency after two years. He has to wait for a year to apply for residency. Are there any stop gap jobs he can do for a year or so? If anyone has experience or suggestions in this area, please pass it on. He will appreciate it.
Is he interested in the military, either as an officer or a contractor? The first would be much longer than a year, and the other might be much less money.

Back
Top Bottom