meat in fridge

I haven't been that sick from food, ever. Maybe a little GI upset, passes in half a day or so, no biggie.

My pre-schoolers, on the other hand, have given me some nasty bugs, that's for sure.

I have to admit, I wouldn't eat it that far out. But looks like I'm in the minority. Just be sure you have lot's of toilet tissue handy.:sick:

I would eat it. As someone said, I've never got sick eating something out of my own fridge. I would heat it good though.

I'm wondering if any of the wise people here have an opinion on whether bone-in pork that was fully defrosted on Saturday and cooked on Sunday will still be okay to eat on Thursday?

When in doubt, THROW IT OUT.

No, I would not eat it on Thursday. Depending various factors I think there could be a significant (though probably less than 50%) chance that you would get sick. Getting sick from eating spoiled food is bad enough that it's not worth the risk.

W2R, your advice was not timely.

Tiuxiu's post was on 3/25. He has just made some posts today (4/05). Apparently, he enjoyed the ribs without ill effects. :whistle:

Frugality wins once more. :LOL:

Tiuxiu's post was on 3/25. He has just made some posts today (4/05). Apparently, he enjoyed the ribs without ill effects. :whistle:

I once read, Russian Roulette is not a good idea, even if the gun has 999 empties and one live one.

Ha

I missed the dates on this thread too. I still wouldn't have eaten it.:hide:

I missed the dates on this thread too. I still wouldn't have eaten it.:hide:
I noticed the dates (I did! I know it's awfully early but honest I did! :LOL:), but since there were several posts on the thread discussing it yesterday I figured the thread was still alive.

Besides, if he kept it until Thursday maybe he kept it longer and is planning to eat it later. :eek:

Ha said it best:
I once read, Russian Roulette is not a good idea, even if the gun has 999 empties and one live one.

Ha

Last edited:

Ha

None of our foods are free of 'live ones.' That's why we have immune systems. Of course, not saying we should all be eating three-day-old seafood chowder that spent its first twelve hours at room temperature.... I think the goal to to keep the 'live ones' at a minimum. But I still stand by my three-day to four-day rule, especially if the food was promptly and properly cooled to below 40 degrees F.

More importantly...is the food still in the frig? :rolleyes:
If so, we'll need pics of the undiscovered "science project" that has been developing in the back of the 2nd shelf.

I have occasionally cut the blue spots out of the bacon.

More importantly...is the food still in the frig? :rolleyes:
If so, we'll need pics of the undiscovered "science project" that has been developing in the back of the 2nd shelf.

Oh I have had left over baked beans in the refrig for months. Broke a couple of chisels trying to get the darn things out of the dish.:blink:

All right, we have some momentum...:LOL:
I brought some sourdough starter powdered mix back from my Alaska cruise. Being a rocket scientist and all, I figured this would be a piece of cake to follow the directions and maintain a small batch of sourdough starter in the frig. I already had the breadmaker on hand.
So I mixed it up, made some really great sourdough bread, and put a small amount in the frig for next time.
Tick tock tick tock...a few weeks go by and I realize I haven't looked at the mix for a while.
OOOOOOMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGG That was the most disgusting thing I have ever seen or smelled.
Sigh....a biologist I am not.
Neeeeeeext ? :cool:

I had 50 pounds of chicken, fish, and shrimp in my freezer when I evacuated for Hurricane Katrina. It was so bad when I got back (in 90+ degree heat for five days with no electricity), that they should have made my kitchen a Superfund site. The refrigerator was a total loss and went out to the curb like everyone else's.

It took three months but finally I was able to have Sears deliver a beautiful new black top freezer refrigerator. I love my new refrigerator so much and never, ever want it to contain anything spoiled.

The trash can is right by the refrigerator, and if anything looks less than perfect, out it goes! :D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom