Medicare and IRMAA increase not withheld in December

Dash man

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I got my December SS deposit yesterday expecting the increased Medicare Part B and IRMAA to be taken out, but it wasn’t. DW got her Medicare bill that does have the increases and will be taken out of our checking account.
Will I receive a bill for what they didn’t withhold or will they just take the balance due out of next month’s deposit?

What did they do in November? December should be the same as any other month as far as I know. Any change should happen in January I think. My IRMAA goes down a level in 2022 so it should be reflected in my January deposit.

Bet you didn't get the 2022 SS increase either... Suspect both will start in January. I get mine next week and I expect it to be the same as the previous 11 months.

What did they do in November? December should be the same as any other month as far as I know. Any change should happen in January I think. My IRMAA goes down a level in 2022 so it should be reflected in my January deposit.

This is my first year on Medicare, and I remember them taking my first premium payment out of my July check when Medicare began in August. My wife’s bill (she’s not taken SS yet) came today reflecting the increases we expected. So this makes me think I’m a month behind for the increases.

Bet you didn't get the 2022 SS increase either... Suspect both will start in January. I get mine next week and I expect it to be the same as the previous 11 months.

No, I didn’t. It just seems different than what I had read before. It’s really no big deal and was just curious if I was missing something.
Thanks!

The changes in SSA including revised IRMAA occur in your January check.

The changes in SSA including revised IRMAA occur in your January check.
I think all the changes are calendar year based. A direct bill might (OP) might be for 1Q22; I seem to recall my first invoice for Medicare was for one quarter in advance. Once I went to direct debit it all got reconciled.

The SS deduction may be done in the actual month.

My SS that I receive in December is -
- November's SS benefit (SS payment is always for the previous month)
- minus December's Part B (paid for the current month)
And then we pay in December for DH's January Part B (paid for the next month). He doesn't get SS so we pay this separately.

We don't have any IRMAA issues.

Does that help?

My SS that I receive in December is -
- November's SS benefit (SS payment is always for the previous month)
- minus December's Part B (paid for the current month)
And then we pay in December for DH's January Part B (paid for the next month). He doesn't get SS so we pay this separately.

We don't have any IRMAA issues.

Does that help?

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom