Medicare Premium Applied Twice

littleb

Recycles dryer sheets
I went on Medicare May 1 of this year but did not elect social security yet. I paid 433.80 three times based on Medicare quarterly billing practices. These payments have my Medicare paid through January 2021.

However, the Medicare site shows my premiums paid thru December 2020. In reviewing this issue it looks like Medicare applied my July quarterly payment twice in error. So instead of three payments of 433.80 Medicare shows I made four payments of 433.80.

I contacted a Medicare rep by chat to ask what month my Medicare was paid thru. She stated my premium was paid through December. When I told her my records reflected three quarterly payments through January she agreed with me. Then the rep stated that was incorrect and that I paid four times not three. I told her someone at Medicare entered my July payment twice in error. She was researching for a long time and finally disconnected our chat.

So, how in the world do I get this straightened out without holding forever by phone for a Medicare rep who has no idea how to correct a premium error?

If I go by their records we all know how this will end when Medicare finally corrects their error in next months/years. :confused:

Last edited:
I went on Medicare May 1 of this year but did not elect social security yet. I paid 433.80 three times based on Medicare quarterly billing practices. These payments have my Medicare paid through January 2021.

However, the Medicare site shows my premiums paid thru December 2020. In reviewing this issue it looks like Medicare applied my July quarterly payment twice in error. So instead of three payments of 433.80 Medicare shows I made four payments of 433.80.

I contacted a Medicare rep by chat and to ask her what month my Medicare was paid thru. She stated my premium was paid through December. When I told her my records reflected three quarterly payments through January she agreed with me. Then the rep stated that was incorrect and that I paid four times not three. I told her someone at Medicare entered my July payment twice in error. She was researching for a long time and finally disconnected our chat.

So, how in the world do I get this straightened out without holding forever by phone for a Medicare rep who has no idea how to correct a premium error?

If I go by their records we all know how this will end when Medicare finally corrects their error in next months/years. :confused:

I don't know. I paid an extra Medicare payment when I was getting started with Social Security, too. My 66th birthday was on June 8th, 2014, and that's when I started my SS. I had already sent them my Medicare payment but also they deducted it from my SS, so I had paid it twice.

Anyway, without doing anything I got a refund of that extra Medicare payment from them on September 11th of that same year.

Back
Top Bottom