Megyn on the Move

I liked her, smart, good looking, pleasant sense of humor and not afraid to ask the hard questions and give good follow up when interviewees try to give BS answers. She will do well no matter where she goes and I wish her luck.

We don't have FNC and we get our news less and less from TV anyway, so we'll hardly notice. But good luck to her and NBC.

I think she is an average news reporter. I watched her on Fox, but only because her show happened to be on when I turned on the TV. The only way I'll see her on NBC is if I'm channel surfing and come across NBC while her show is on. I won't watch her intentionally.

Just turned on NBC. Watching until she's on.

I think she is an average news reporter. I watched her on Fox, but only because her show happened to be on when I turned on the TV. The only way I'll see her on NBC is if I'm channel surfing and come across NBC while her show is on. I won't watch her intentionally.

The anchor watch and changes kinds of reminds me of that old movie "Broadcast News" with Holly Hunter and William Hurt. Doesn't seem like a steady job but being a top anchor is big stuff.

Currently on NBC, sometimes substituting for Lester is Kate Snow. I like her as when she delivers the news, I get the feeling that's being presented to me. Megyn (at least that's how it seemed the times I saw on Fox) the feeling was more like being told the news. Around dinner time, I'd rather have the news presented.

In the anchor musical chairs, read that Trish Regan is the favorite to take Megyn's place. I believe Trish once worked for MSNBC. A small world in that line of work I think.

Why I know all this about news anchors and have given that much thought, guess I have too much time on my hands :).

I think she is as good as anyone else on network news and more people will see her now. Local news reporters are so bad they make the network news people look like geniuses. We know there is an inherent bias in all reporting starting with even choosing what to cover but better imo today that we acknowledge and look for the bias vs blindly accepting the news as gospel as it seemed the public did back in the day.

Wouldn't surprise me to see her replace Lester Holt in the future.

I think, unfortunately, there's a glass ceiling to a woman as lead anchor. Katie Couric didn't far well at CBS. Diane Sawyer had a great resume going into ABC as lead anchor but fizzled out there. Maybe the country just isn't ready for a woman lead anchor at the nightly news time slot.

There will be cultural "adjustments" needed from both NBC and Ms Kelly. I'm sure many at NBC are shaking their heads, but she's no "ditz," has a law degree and 9 years of practicing law, and has proven she is no lightweight. NBC doesn't have much of a bench, so this was a good way to bring in some talent and some viewers to their network.

TV news is a wasteland. They can't be bothered with covering issues, a prime reason (IMO) that our national dialogue is so shallow. Bold added:
In 2008, the three broadcast networks, in their nightly news programs, devoted over the entire year a total of three hours and 40 minutes to issues reporting (defined as independent coverage of election issues, not arising from candidate statements or debates). In 2016, that plummeted to a grand total of just 36 minutes.
ABC and NBC had just nine minutes of issues coverage each; CBS had 18 minutes. So ABC and NBC each had less than one minute of issues coverage per month in 2016.
Those figures come from Andrew Tyndall, whose Tyndall Report monitors the news programs. By Tyndall's measures, there was zero independent coverage in 2016 on those nightly programs about poverty, climate change or drug addiction.
PBS has more coverage of issues, but (IMO) has given up any pretense of evenhanded reporting and analysis/commentary.

There will be cultural "adjustments" needed from both NBC and Ms Kelly. I'm sure many at NBC are shaking their heads, but she's no "ditz," has a law degree and 9 years of practicing law, and has proven she is no lightweight. NBC doesn't have much of a bench, so this was a good way to bring in some talent and some viewers to their network.

TV news is a wasteland. They can't be bothered with covering issues, a prime reason (IMO) that our national dialogue is so shallow. Bold added:
PBS has more coverage of issues, but (IMO) has given up any pretense of evenhanded reporting and analysis/commentary.

I think Ms. Kelly is a chameleon who will quickly adapt into any form her environment allows.

In the anchor musical chairs, read that Trish Regan is the favorite to take Megyn's place. I believe Trish once worked for MSNBC. A small world in that line of work I think.

I hope it is not Trish. I think she is a nice lady but a lightweight. I would like to see Martha McCallum get the nod. Can't believe she is really 52.

It's all entertainment. Someone asked why she gets paid what she does. For the same reason sports figures get paid what they do. Never mind the police officer on the street getting a paltry sum for doing something meaningful. Megyn will do fine, (even though I won't watch her), and fade away just as another takes her place.

I hope it is not Trish. I think she is a nice lady but a lightweight. I would like to see Martha McCallum get the nod. Can't believe she is really 52.

In the article I read, she had the inside track when Ailes was still running Fox. But now with him gone, that's a wildcard.

I'm not a big fan of Ms. Kelly. I do think that Chris Wallace is one of the best. He did the best job by far of moderating the so-called presidential debates. He actually seemed interested in economic and international issues rather that who said, what, when and can we trap him/her in a "Gotcha!".

Looks a bit less light lately. Time for Weight Watchers?

Ha

What exactly does she and other talk show hosts do that is worth the big bucks?
She gets ratings, the only thing that matters. She is tall, blond, attractive, thin, and haughty. Good combination on American TV.

Ha

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom