Merk?

I talked to my friend who is an MD about the million dollar question.  His analyisis: MRK's pipeline looks average with one potential blockbuster, short-term, LLY and Novartis had the best prospects (good drugs w/o much in terms of expirations & not much in terms of litigation) & he was actually betting that too many people were discounting BMY's long-term prospects, especially if the BMY will be able to make good money on cancer drugs.  BMY is also very big into diabetes & everyone intelligent person is aware of the growth in that area.  If you want the cheapest, pick between PFE and MRK or buy the basket which again is what Buffet suggested b/c the average investor can't distinguish the differences in pipelines with great certainty.    

Most small investors wouln't have gotten Fridays news until after hours.
BUM
Actually, the news came out Thursday night. The jump in price, however, did not occur until Friday afternoon.

Spanky

Actually, the news came out Thursday night. The jump in price, however, did not occur until Friday afternoon.

Spanky

All the news items I read were timestamped late afternoon on Friday. I thought the Govt. panel was to release the findngs on Friday. Was it leaked on Thurs. nite?

BUM

BUM,

There were a lots of speculation on Thursday:

Thu, Feb 17, 2005 - Merck May Consider Selling Vioxx Again
Reuters

Thu, Feb 17 - [$$] Merck Might Return Vioxx to Market
at The Wall Street Journal Online

Thu, Feb 17 -- Could Vioxx Come Back? at Forbes.com

Thu, Feb 17 - UPDATE - Merck says would consider selling Vioxx again at Reuters (Thu, Feb 17)

BUM,

There were a lots of speculation on Thursday:

Thu, Feb 17, 2005 - Merck May Consider Selling Vioxx Again
Reuters

Thu, Feb 17 - [$$] Merck Might Return Vioxx to Market
at The Wall Street Journal Online

Thu, Feb 17 -- Could Vioxx Come Back? at Forbes.com

Thu, Feb 17 - UPDATE - Merck says would consider selling Vioxx again at Reuters (Thu, Feb 17)

Thanks Spanky,

OK now I'm with you. Thats what I saw as well. Thursday news was speculation about Fridays announcement. I bought on that speculation and will probably bail today hopefully with some extra Alfalfa!

BUM

Back
Top Bottom